SASS Wire Forum

Hey Badger Mtn Charlie...

Grizzly Dave

Uh... can you get a conversion kit for a Mec...? :huh:

Like I said, it's been a while since I've loaded shotshells - like over 30 years! :mellow:

I believe so. Give them a call and ask. Get it right from the source. They have a phone number on their web site.

Tech support: (800) 797-4632 or e-mail Technical Support.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okey doke. As soon as I find the thing... it's out there i the garage somewhere. :rolleyes:

I seem to recall having installed a Universal charge bar just before I put it away.... 'bout 1981 or '2 or there 'bouts. ^_^

While that would be a handy dandy addon, I find that I only load one load so I am set to go.

I read about a fellow that was having a problem with the bushing that was throwing a wrong powder

charge for his load. He drilled out the aluminum bushing by trial and error and found a combination that would

throw just the correct powder charge. I am not sure my shooting of a 12 gauge would require that of me, but

if you got the talent and the hankering, go for it.

Grizz,

You should be able to find a Mec 600 JR. on craig's list for a good price. Like Badger said, it will make a fine reload in a short period of time. I would use mine all the time if I didn't have the big progressive. Very easy to use and once you get used to it a box of shells can be reloaded in no time at all.

Yes it is sir.

Grizz, got a good reprot from the eye guy. Still can't hit the targets, but I can see them. HE HE.

Paladin, you gonna make me an offer on that BSS that I can't refuse?

I will PM you on that sir.

Haven't seen a 600 Jr on craigslist. One guy had two and a few odds and ends and was claiming that each press retailed for 400, after I read that I knew there wasn't a good deal to be had. Found one online for about 180 new.

For what it's worth, the Lee Load All 2 works just fine when I am careful with it, I just need to be more careful, and kinda want something new. But then again I've wanted a new car for years now, and ain't no closer to getting one of them neither, the old beater econo box works just fine.

Well, I got some time off starting tomorrow, so we'll see what I can do about spending some relaxing time pulling the handles on my reloaders.

At one point last night, I was ready to pull the trigger on that 9000, but then I changed my mind again. Dillon is getting caught up so wait times that were 2-3 months are now 2-3 weeks. So I am tempted to order the 650 I've been drooling over. But then if that Ruger 1911 I have on order came in I'd have to pull more out of savings than I really want to do at one time...

Well, it is on order. Talked to the FFL at the match Saturday, and he said that Ruger seems to be making revolvers and single actions now, and not as many autos. Where he couldn't get revolvers a while back, now it's no problem, but he can't seem to get an auto in for nothing. He's had 20 SR1911s on order for months now, not a one has come in.

Yeah, but....

Part of what is entering into my thinking is this, I rarely got out to shoot other than cowboy matches. I can't remember the last time. I imagine it was last year, but could have been the year before. I know that I'd use the press right away, the 1911, not as much.

Plus the kids gave me $100 cash for father's day to go for reloading gear or supplies, I'd kind of like to be able to point to a new press and say 'you helped me buy that.' Otherwise it will just evaporate even if it gets spent on lead or primers.

Chickasaw, sent ya a PM. :)

Griz, go for the press. Even just sittin' there it's a thing of beauty! AND just think - the money ya save on ammo can go toward the SR~! ^_^

Aw, just funnin'. I suspect that whatever you end up doin' you'll be plumb pleased with. :)

Actually, your pizza analogy was applicable to shotshell loading until the recent ammunition insanity. When we were able to buy perfectly serviceable shotgun ammo for less than $5 a box it just was hard to justify the time to reload. Now that you can't get it, welllll..... that's changed!

Now... where'd I put that ancient MEC.... :rolleyes:

Yup, I started reloading shotgun shells when I started having trouble finding feather lites a year or so ago. Always nice to know I can keep shooting cowboy even though ammo is scarce.

Well they still have us over the barrel with primers and powder. I suspect that somewhere along the way the hulls for shotgun shells will dry up on once fired. Lead shot is scheduled to go up in price also, if it can be found. I suspect that we are not out of the woods just yet, Maybe a clearing but definitely not out ofthe woods.

I have enough to keep playing cowboy for a year and maybe most of two depending on how much a shoot. As for the other irons, I'm not shooting them as I don't have either the means or supplies to replace the ammo I'd be shooting.

The .22 LR is the one that has me worried. It is the least expensive to shoot, so therefore folks buy in quantity. But the supply is short so that means that when it can be found, the price is likely to rise. And I can't reload .22 LR. I have a small virtual supply

but I am afraid to shoot it because then I can't get more. I have a VIRTUAL CZ Varmint in .22 LR that I have never shot.

I also have a VIRTUAL Model 39AS Marlin and a VIRTUAL Model 06 Winchester in .22 LR. I have never shot the VIRTUAL Winchester either.

Maybe I should sell all of my virtual guns and take up knitting.

How much is wool yarn?

It's gone up since folks sold their virtual guns to take up knitting and started hoarding it.... :(

Archived