SASS Wire Forum

Hey Badger Mtn Charlie...

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with that, now I reckon you ain't been on an aeroplane in a while, now you have to take off yer shoes and get them exrayed to make sure you ain't got no knittin needles in 'em!!

It's strange, but after I take off my shoes everyone behind me finds another line to be in :blink:

Yup, just in case you have something, well, in a bodily orifice.

They make ya take off yer belt, then stand in this thing that goes around ya and hold up yer hands, last time I did that I was wearing shorts and they started falling down...

'Bout ten or eleven years ago, I was visiting Half-Breed Pete one weekend. At the end of the visit, he asked me if I'd mind dropping him off at the tiny San Luis Obispo airport, as he was going to embark on his very first ever commercial flight - initially via puddlejumper - to one of the Carolinas, I believe...

Faced with baggage limitation, he came up with a typical Half-Breed Pete solution: His check-in luggage was packed with various bits of equipment and gunsmithing tools; his small carry-on with extra socks and underwear; and he literally wore every other item of clothing he was taking along.

Sheesh...! He looked like a bearded, broken-nosed Michelin Man!! :lol:

And wouldn't you know it - the X-ray machine was busted! They had to unpack and inspect everything, had him remove a few layers of clothing, but when it came time for the boots, well.... they knew they were in trouble! And since in his wrapped condition he couldn't reach 'em, some poor aeropuerto employee had to do it for 'im.

I almost choked laughing so hard - both at him and at the collection of other passengers looking on with frank astonishment! :D

So on the knitting needles, mebbe you could get a medical waiver. Tell 'em you need 'em to scratch itchy spots you can't reach. :)

Well, now there is a thought. Saloon is always good for a thunk or three. :lol:

I just came in from outside. On my way, I had to pass my MEC press, just sitting

there smiling at me. Soooo, what can a feller do, but I fondled it a little.

I know, I am a dirty old man.....

The nice feller from Outpost Armory just called and said that my new Lee 7.62x.39 three die set was in and on it's way to me!! OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!!!

Well maybe I'll load up those last 200 that are ready for powder and lead and then get back to shot shells tomorrow. Or maybe not.

Only thing I know for sure is that I'm turning the alarm off.

shot one with a 308 once, got it right at the base of the neck. Stupid thing to do as we just tossed the remains, but some hawk or coyote probably appreciated it. The stupid things you do when you are young.

A good crate and a notched stick with a loooooooong piece of string attached to the stick should be big medicine for

a strutting rooster. Oh, yeah, don't ferget the corn kernels in under the crate.

Archived