SASS Wire Forum

Another Whirling Dervish Video

Here's another video of the Whirling Dervish.

This is me taking on my own creation.

The stage instructions were to shoot the three shotgun targets left to right and with the fourth shotgun shoot the KD on the Whirling Dervish to start the motion. Then with the rifle shoot the targets off the Whirling Dervish. When the rifle is empty advance and shoot any remaining targets with the handguns. When all the targets are off put any remaining rounds on the dump target.

Sage Creek Gus

Besides the evil creation called the Whirling Dervish, I have one comment that, I am sure won't be taken well, but I feel compelled to make it anyway. When the shooter put down his rifle, he pointed it down range and then ran in front of it. This is not very good stage design.

I love the target, I am just glad I don't have to shoot it.

Regards,

Besides the evil creation called the Whirling Dervish, I have one comment that, I am sure won't be taken well, but I feel compelled to make it anyway. When the shooter put down his rifle, he pointed it down range and then ran in front of it. This is not very good stage design.

I love the target, I am just glad I don't have to shoot it.

Regards,

+1

Very poor. Would not get by with that around here.

As far as the target.

It would be a blast to shoot.

But would sure back up posses if trying to run it in a match.

Side match or fund raiser side match?? Would be great.

That's COOL! (and it made me sick to watch :D ) ...as far as the rifle he wasn't in front of it. - it was safe, action open, and pointed to the right, but probably could have been more so....

Enjoy that target system :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Looks like a fun target and I would love to try it. From a match design standpoint besides the obvious rifle staging it would greatly slow a posse down. As folks get more "mature" it's harder and harder to get help downrange. A fun sidematch yes. But if you have more than a dozen folks and couple of posse to get through no thanks.

There is no doubt this target takes a while to reset. It's best if three people are involved in resetting it, two placing targets and one picking them up from the ground and handing to the setters. Once that procedure is established it goes pretty fast. Most of the time the targets are reset and and the setters have returned behind the firing line before all the empty brass are picked up.

We have a small match, usually with one or two posses of 13 to 17 shooters so taking more time on one stage is not that big of a deal. The main thing to me is how popular this thing is and I know of several people who have never attended our matches before who now plan to attend just so they can take on this target.

My goal was to build a target that was as far away as possible from the normal stage which is nothing but stationary targets. It's proven to be very popular.

Sage Creek Gus

There is no doubt this target takes a while to reset. It's best if three people are involved in resetting it, two placing targets and one picking them up from the ground and handing to the setters. Once that procedure is established it goes pretty fast. Most of the time the targets are reset and and the setters have returned behind the firing line before all the empty brass are picked up.

We have a small match, usually with one or two posses of 13 to 17 shooters so taking more time on one stage is not that big of a deal. The main thing to me is how popular this thing is and I know of several people who have never attended our matches before who now plan to attend just so they can take on this target.

My goal was to build a target that was as far away as possible from the normal stage which is nothing but stationary targets. It's proven to be very popular.

Sage Creek Gus

If I was in the area I'd love to give it a 'whirl' :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Pretty kool. Like noted by others , have the longs guns restaged vertical.

Also, I assume you have an exact copy that functions as well? Sure as shooting, someone is gonna blast it and something with lockup or break!!! :lol::lol: The group of shooters that did not get their chance to shoot it, will revolt if they do not have a chance at it! Or ya gotta toss that stage out.

Wonderful invention!

Archived