SASS Wire Forum

Breakfast with Colonel Dan

Widder, SASS #59054

I had the privileges of sitting at the same breakfast table with Col. Dan while at the GA State a couple weeks back.

And also at the same table was Slo Mo. Always enjoy talkin with Slo Mo.

Actually, I had breakfast with Col. Dan on Friday and Saturday mornings.

What a fine gentleman, person, and Patriot.

AND, he's a good conversationalist on guns and other important stuff in our lives... ;)

Anyhow, ifn you ever get the chance to sit and talk (mostly listen) to the man, you owe it to yeownself to sit a spell and share company. He will enjoy it also, I'm sure.

So with this post, I'm gona make my reservation for another meal at the same table with Col. Dan when I plan to visit one of his BIG shoots next year ..... maybe The Siege.

Safe travels and straight shooting Col. Dan

p.s. - if you find yourself cornered and back against the wall, when trying to keep all them rowdy Florida Cowboys in line, just remember that reinforcements are on the way..... ;)

..........Widder

For months when I first started SASS I hung back on meeting Col Dan because I knew him only from the articles he wrote in the Chronicle. I had worked with "Celebrities" before and they mostly did not live up to their persona.

After a few months the Colonel came up to me and introduced himself. Quite a shock to my system.

Colonel Dan is one of the most down to earth people I have ever met.

Patriot? Yes.

Family man? Absolutely!

Knows how to carry on good conversation and lets everyone have their say.

I am proud to call him my friend.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I agree 100 % Widder. I've always read his page in the Chronicle & enjoyed them very much, in fact it should be required reading for all Americans.

I was fortunate enough to shoot with & meet the Colonel at the Florida State Championship in January & again @ Georgia State match

This country needs more men like the Colonel & I am darn proud to call him a friend.

Before actually taking the field, I had read several months of articles by Col. Dan. I remember the first time meeting the gentleman was at Ides of March, we were on the same posse. First think I thought was, seeing his hat with the plume, "the Grey Ghost", John Singleton Mosby.

Col. Dan is an exceptional person, always with a friendly smile and greeting to everyone. He works hard at posse duties, and not below to bend over and pick-up brass. When it comes time to shoot, and with his records of clean matches, he's no slowpoke and will give you a run in competition. I don't think I've ever seen him sit down during a stage, always moving, if not in a conversation. He listens a lot, but I would rather listen to him speak.

Family man, yes, he's also proud of his family, and proudly announces same.

Its humbling when I do get a chance to shoot with him. MT

Gentlemen, I sincerely thank you for those most kind and flattering words but you do me far more honor than I derserve I'm sure.

I've always mantained that the actual trigger pulling in this sport comes near the bottom of the list as to why I participate. The top reason for me is the people I've met in this game. You all remind me so very much of all those wonderful soldiers with whom I spent the better part of life. It's a true honor for me to be with dedicated patriots of the caliber I've come to know throughout the SASS world.

Soldier on...and thank you once again.

Colonel Dan

I will echo that enthusiastically. The shooting is good. the people are great! :D

I've always mantained that the actual trigger pulling in this sport comes near the bottom of the list as to why I participate. The top reason for me is the people I've met in this game.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Breakfast hell... I'd like to sit 'round the SCV campfire... sippin' sour mash with the good Colonel.

ts

Archived