SASS Wire Forum

"When Government Fears the People, There is Liberty..."

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

Thomas Jefferson’s words rang true today in the halls of the US Senate and that’s just the way I viewed this vote which defeated the latest in a long line of gun control measures. The majority of US Senators feared the heat of a backlash from you and we saw a vote in favor of liberty as a result.

We the People…You the People sounded off loud and clear, your Senators felt the heat and saw the light…TODAY.

Throughout my discussions with our national level points of contact at the NRA, GOA and Ruger who monitor the effects of public response in DC, they were all in agreement that your emails, letters and phone calls sent a strong and powerful message. I salute you, the members of Team SASS for the part you played in bringing about this outcome. Senators felt the heat, feared the obvious backlash and voted to defeat this measure.

Don’t think for a minute all those emails, letters and phone calls went for naught. You the People, You the true patriots of this country made the difference today and I salute you all.

Although we won this particular battle, the war is far from over. We must be ready for the counterattack from the left that's sure to come…and believe me it will come. We are far from final victory my good friends.

Steel your nerve, harden your resolve and soldier on…

Again, I salute you all! :FlagAm:

God job! Skirmish won. Fill more sandbags and get some chow fellas. They'll be back.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance".

They'll be back. Get some R&R. It's "Cowboy Action" season! yeeeeee haaaaaw!

Clean your rifles, draw more ammo, they'll be back soon.

Be back, oh they never left the battlefield. They are still fighting onward in many states.

Hey, I admit instead of having much resolve, I was resolved to accept some major losses. Appeared to me some Republicans were negotiating a few freedoms out of an expected defeat. I was very surprised today.

Thanks to everyone who did their part.

"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty"

That's the whole quote, my favorite quote from Jefferson!

Rye ;)

You do realize that no one has ever found an original source for the quote? It's attributed to him, but there's no evidence that he ever actually said or wrote it. OTOH, there's evidence that he didn't say or write it, in that it's pithier than most things he wrote; he was a lot wordier than Lincoln was.

Archived