SASS Wire Forum

Gun Prices

Noz

One of the auctioneers that I work for just told me that he had sold a 6" Colt Police Positive in the box for $1050.

AMAZING !

Noz.....ifin' ya cood, keep da other eye open fer some old C&B pistols.

Wood not mind ownin' couple of 'em.

Ya thinkin' bout what "da other eye" be meanin' ?

Da one dat aint eyeballin' dim purty cowgirls ! ;)

AMAZING !

Noz.....ifin' ya cood, keep da other eye open fer some old C&B pistols.

Wood not mind ownin' couple of 'em.

Ya thinkin' bout what "da other eye" be meanin' ?

Da one dat aint eyeballin' dim purty cowgirls ! ;)

What kinda gold ya looking to spend?

Getting around. Still feels like it's full of sand.

I've got one in .38 Colt, got it fer nothin' as a gift from a dear friend. Ya mean I can sell it for a grand??? Hmmm......Rye

Thanks, CB. See you Saturday!

Auctioneer says, right now, anything with S&W or colt on it will bring from $900 to $1200.

It's getting crazy, fer sure..

I was in the vicinity of one of the best-known and well-stocked gun stores in this area week before last and decided to stop in..I couldn't believe what I saw, it looked like the place was going out of business! Empty shelves mostly..Only a few handguns under the counter..Same thing with the long guns-They usually have a very good stock in a wide variety of both handguns and rifles..They DID have a so-so selection of reloading gear left, but almost NO factory ammo, what was left was mainly obscure calibers most folks don't use..I happened to run into a CAS Pard there and he told me it actually looked better than it had last month..Holy crap! :blink:

We went down to the coast for a couple of days vacation while the Wife was on spring break..On the way back we passed through Columbia, S.C. and I decided to stop at Sportsman's Warehouse just to see what they had..The pickin's were better there, but only a little..

I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be the new norm..And also if it's going to get worse..Especially with ammo, if ya can't find ammo, your rifle is reduced to a rather expensive club.. :unsure:

I'm also beginning to fear we may arrive at a point to where the shooting sports (including CAS) will be the domain of only a few rich and privileged elite..I truly hope we aren't eventually left with only this forum posting comments like "Remember when?" and "The good old days when we could still go shooting"..

Sad times, indeed.. :(

I had a 32-20 Police Positive. I loved that gun.

That would have been a 32-20 Police Positive Special. I have a Colt Police Positive in .38 S&W with the shorter cylinder and frame. Colt Police Positive Special in 32-20 with a little longer cylinder and Frame. It was also available in .38 Special which is also the length of the 32-20. Barrels were 4 inch but 1/4 inch longer cylinders for the cartridges.

Jake

Archived