SASS Wire Forum

Traveling in Arizona?

Granny Annie SASS #37063

I just talked to Cowboy Doug from the Tombstone Livery this week. He tells me that in February there will be an Old Pueblo shoot on Feb 3, Tombstone Shootist match February 9, Old Pueblo match February 10, and Los Vaqueros will host their 2 day Winter Range Warm Up again this year on February 16 and 17. And -- we can practice on the range. Throw in a few chuck wagon dinners and it looks like a great place to spend a month this winter!

We've stayed in Tombstone for the last 3 or 4 years so know what the weather can do. A "major winter snowstorm" amounts to about a quarter inch on the truck and it doesn't stick to the ground much at all. WAY better than Iowa!! It can also get plenty cold in Tucson. Seen lots of frozen pipes there too. I've also seen snowmen on the hoods of cars in Phoenix. Just can't beat the hospitality at The Tombstone Livery though! :wub:/>

We've stayed in Tombstone for the last 3 or 4 years so know what the weather can do. A "major winter snowstorm" amounts to about a quarter inch on the truck and it doesn't stick to the ground much at all. WAY better than Iowa!! It can also get plenty cold in Tucson. Seen lots of frozen pipes there too. I've also seen snowmen on the hoods of cars in Phoenix. Just can't beat the hospitality at The Tombstone Livery though! :wub:/>/>

Just to let you know Granny, C Kate's car doors have been frozen shut overnight twice already last week. We're known to get down in the low teens from time to time. Supposed to warm up a bit before you get here. cool.gif

Guess the first reply did not get out to you.

Granny Annie;

Lots of practice coming to the Winter Range area pretty quick check these places:

ccsa-az.us and acsainc.com

acsa shoots at Ben Avery and CowTown is about 6-8 miles west of Ben Avery.

See you on the Range.

Jackrabbit Joe #414

Granny Annie are you still Lady Gun Fighter? If so Railhead 2013 does have this category.

Jackrabbit

The highs here till we leave will be in the mid teens. Lows at zero. It can't be worse there than that!! :rolleyes:

There are lots of shoots in the Phoenix area ahead of Winter Range but we really like hanging out in the southern part of the state. For one, it's less expensive. Also a lot less crowded. Cowtown is an awesome place to shoot, we've been there many times but Fire and Ice has just gotten to big for us.

I know Railhead has Lady Gunfighter. I'm thinking we have Lacy D'Oly to thank for that. We can't make it though as the time of year doesn't work with our farming here. Maybe someday!!! We'd love to do it! Heard lots of good things about it.

Thanks, HC. :D Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all you folks too!

By the way, Who's going to Territorial Prison Breakout??

The highs here till we leave will be in the mid teens. Lows at zero. It can't be worse there than that!! :rolleyes:/>

There are lots of shoots in the Phoenix area ahead of Winter Range but we really like hanging out in the southern part of the state. For one, it's less expensive. Also a lot less crowded. Cowtown is an awesome place to shoot, we've been there many times but Fire and Ice has just gotten to big for us.

I know Railhead has Lady Gunfighter. I'm thinking we have Lacy D'Oly to thank for that. We can't make it though as the time of year doesn't work with our farming here. Maybe someday!!! We'd love to do it! Heard lots of good things about it.

Thanks, HC. :D/> Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all you folks too!

By the way, Who's going to Territorial Prison Breakout??

Howdy again Granny:

Jackrabbit and Sly Puppy are going to Yuma's Territorial Break out.

See you all on the Range somewhere.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season. Will probably for sure see you guys at Winter Range.

Jackrabbit and Sly Puppy

Just to let you know Granny, C Kate's car doors have been frozen shut overnight twice already last week. We're known to get down in the low teens from time to time. Supposed to warm up a bit before you get here. cool.gif

Low teens is sun tannin weather up here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a thought............

Las Vegas is a lot warmer than Tombstone......

Eldorado cowboys shoot the 2nd and 3rd of February.

Nevada Rangers shoot the 10th of February....

Then you can go to your two day warmup.......

Just a thought............

Las Vegas is a lot warmer than Tombstone......

Eldorado cowboys shoot the 2nd and 3rd of February.

Nevada Rangers shoot the 10th of February....

Then you can go to your two day warmup.......

Yes, Vegas is nice. However this time of the Year the Wind never stops blowing. ;)

Archived