SASS Wire Forum

Closet Cleaning Day

Every now and then you need to stop what you are doing and clean out the closet. This is a good start. Brass, ammo, bullets and dies for a bunch of cowboy calibers. So far I have found .32 S&W, 32 S&W Long, .32 Magnum, .32-20, .38 Short Colt, .38 Long Colt, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .38-40. .44 Russian, .44-40, .45 Special, .45 Schofield, .45 Colt, .38-55, .40-65, .45-60 and 45-70. Now that the weather has cooled off, next week I need to start in the garage. There's buckets of stuff out there. There's at least 30 sets of dies still in the closet along with 20 or 30 disassembled guns I was going to fix when I retired (which was seven years ago). Amazing the junk you can accumulate over 55 years of shooting. Daughter has absolutely no interest in this stuff so I'm thinking its time to start liquidating a lot of stuff.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee241/pettifogger1/PB190380.jpg

Lotsa stuff alright; but I don't think it qualifies for an episode of Hoarders ---------- Yet.

I shore do like thet closet a lot!

Me Too :)

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

When we moved into our new bigger home years ago my sis-in-law said we had a "lot of crap." Well we have had 11 years to accumulate more "stuff". Once we realized we were going to have to move again I have been cleaning out closets, selling stuff and we still have a "lot of crap" to move. :mellow:

I had a *basement full of stuff about two years ago. I ut everything the wife and I wanted to keep in a POD thingy. The we called got junk and they emptied the basement wall to wall. It filled up a dump truck and took to guys the better part of the day to haul everything out. I gave em a bunch o money and got my basement back so I could start collecting again :wacko:/>

• 2 weeks later...

My parents moved back to our family farm in 2008. My grandparents still lived there at the time. After my granddad past away in 2010. My Dad statting cleaning up around the farm he has sold 9 tons of scrap metal so far. We are still cleaning out there house and it was only a one room school house converted into a 2 bedroom home.

I hear ya man, and I've been playing that same song. Little by little I'm trying to get rid of "Stuff" that I don't and will never use. The time is comming when we will need to move out of the mountains and down closer to town, to some place that takes much less maintainence and upkeep. Don't want to, but it's just a matter of time. I won't need a shop full power equipment, weilders and the like. A small "tinker's Bench" in a corner should be all that I'll need... no more "Big Jobs". I certainly don't need hundreds... thousands of Pumped up rounds of 30.06, 45/70, 35 Whelen, 44 Mag +++? I'll get my hunting son-in-law and hunting grandson to take all of that... and the guns to shoot it in. Son needs to come get the room full of Guitars and amps. Boxes of Vacumn tubes and radio parts. Yesterday I emptied two large drawers full of software! I think that some of that stuff went back to my first computer in 1979! I havn't seen a 7" floppy in over 20 yrs! (drive that is)

Yep... it's time to get serious about thinning the heard and down-sizing.

Snakebite

Larsen, Larsen, Larsen....what are you thinking?? You don't have the time to clean out your closet now for heaven sakes.....you are suppose to be working on Winter Range 24/7...

But if you are really serious I can bring down the pickup truck and haul away some of the inventory for you :rolleyes:

I hear ya man, and I've been playing that same song. Little by little I'm trying to get rid of "Stuff" that I don't and will never use. The time is comming when we will need to move out of the mountains and down closer to town, to some place that takes much less maintainence and upkeep. Don't want to, but it's just a matter of time. I won't need a shop full power equipment, weilders and the like. A small "tinker's Bench" in a corner should be all that I'll need... no more "Big Jobs". I certainly don't need hundreds... thousands of Pumped up rounds of 30.06, 45/70, 35 Whelen, 44 Mag +++? I'll get my hunting son-in-law and hunting grandson to take all of that... and the guns to shoot it in. Son needs to come get the room full of Guitars and amps. Boxes of Vacumn tubes and radio parts. Yesterday I emptied two large drawers full of software! I think that some of that stuff went back to my first computer in 1979! I havn't seen a 7" floppy in over 20 yrs! (drive that is)

Yep... it's time to get serious about thinning the heard and down-sizing.

Snakebite

I'll take 44 mag brass you don't want.

Fillmore

If you have any Big Lube casting molds, .357, .427 and .452 diameter, I am very interested.

If you have time, send me a note at

cheycheyjohn22@gmail.com

Thanks,

Amarillo Rattler

Archived