SASS Wire Forum

Lassiter 1887 work

Ranger CAS

I have an IAC 1887 shotgun that i recently got. Loading one at a time desent eject spent rounds. Loading two sometimes ejects first round never second one. Have heard good things about the action work Lassiter does. Does anyone have his contact info. I have tryed differnt things all with no success need help now this gun is only good for a boat anchor.

Thanks

Ranger CAS

My IAC '87 had the same problems yours is having. I sent it to Lassiter at a predetermined time. He had it back to me in 10 days and he did an outstanding job at a very reasonable price. He was very giving of his time in visiting with me on the phone and coaching me on how to load with the 2 shot mod he did. He also fixed the ejection problems. Make sure when you are operating the lever, to lever it fully forward hard and then back when cycling another round. If last shot fired, lever it hard forward to get the empty to fully eject.

If you call Lassiter, leave him a message and he will get right back to you when he gets home.

Good luck with your new gun. Don't get discouraged with it. If you go to "Youtube" and type in, "Lassiter '87 shotgun", you can watch him shooting the '87 real fast.

TAKE CARE,

Red Leg Russ

His email address is: Lassiter45@aol.com

Give a phone number when you message him as he will call once or twice before he sends an email.

My IAC '87 had the same problems yours is having. I sent it to Lassiter at a predetermined time. He had it back to me in 10 days and he did an outstanding job at a very reasonable price. He also fixed the ejection problems.

My experience exactly.

I have an IAC 1887 shotgun that i recently got. Loading one at a time desent eject spent rounds. Loading two sometimes ejects first round never second one. Have heard good things about the action work Lassiter does. Does anyone have his contact info. I have tryed differnt things all with no success need help now this gun is only good for a boat anchor.

Thanks

Ranger CAS

I know others have already posted contact info, but I thought I'd lend my recommendation. The man is a(n) artist/wizard and you will not be disappointed.

I can only say good things about Lassiter as a cowboy and a gunsmith. He will give you a date to get it to him and he'll return it on an agreed schedule. Can't ask anymore than that.....he's reasonable and he makes it work.

KK

Try 937-623-4224 probably best to contact him during the week, he's practicing hard for Border Town!

But, mid days he is on the range doing just what H.C. said. I have a Chiappa that he did, shooting it is like handling a ...well, let's just say is shoots great! Great man, great work!

Archived