SASS Wire Forum

Remington 1911R1

Nota John, SASS #51089L

Mine is excellent, work on the price.

Blackfoot

Price seems high. Not long ago they could be had for $650 new. Pards I know love theirs.

Almost bought one meself, but found a like-new Colt Govt. Series 80 for the same price. If it doesn't have to be new, check out some pre-owned of Colt & Remmie. The Remmies have been around long enough that I bet there are some like-new ones on the market.

Good Luck!

I got a remington R1 that I like, but it does not like me, bites the web of my hand. I really like the factory 3 dot sites, but its uncomfortable to shoot in a match. I just bought a new Ruger 1911 for $549.00 and am looking forward to our Wild Bunch match on the 4th Saturday.

Grapevine Jimmy

Got mine new at Gander Mt year, year and a half ago for $649 plus tax.

GM is not known for low prices so 650 for a new R1 is tops.

Love my R1 much more than my Rock or AO either one. The R1 is a Timex. It is going on over a thousand rounds since its last lube job and much more than that since its last field stripping and perfunctory cleaning.

I got a remington R1 that I like, but it does not like me, bites the web of my hand. I really like the factory 3 dot sites, but its uncomfortable to shoot in a match. I just bought a new Ruger 1911 for $549.00 and am looking forward to our Wild Bunch match on the 4th Saturday.

Grapevine Jimmy

Pard , if you are trying to make me cry , you're getting close. If there are any more Rugers at that price where you got yours , please send me their contact info.

Ruger fan , Rex :D

Grapevine Jimmy

Are you sure that's 549 for a Ruger, I haven't heard of anyone getting one for less than 650.

Just looked at the Remington in a distributer catalog and the blued one is 549 dealer cost.

Archived