SASS Wire Forum

NAZTY Bunch Cowboy Shoot

Tumbleweed Rose

Well, the first official cowboy shoot at the new Northern Arizona Shooting Range in Flagstaff with the NAZTY Bunch is in the books.

Fun fast stages, beautuful new range, great folks to shoot with, beautiful weather(just a few sprinkles),and snacks!

Fastest shooter of the day was Cody James, watch out for this kid!

This club is just going to get better and better, just like the new range.

If you have a chance, join us. We shoot the 3rd weekend of the month, cowboy on Saturday and Wild Bunch on Sunday. Shooting starts at noon. The reason for the late start is because we share the range with other shooting disciplines. This may change in the future. The July match was split up because the 3rd Sunday was the 14th and the third Saturday was the 21st, that happens sometimes.

The NAZTY Bunch does not have it's own website...yet.

Here is the info on the range, with a map:

My link

Here is the AZGF web page with info about the shooting range with a future plan (ooh,ahh!):

My link

If anyone has any questions about this new club, please feel free to e-mail me: tumbleweedrose@hotmail.com

Hope to see you in the coming months,

Tumbleweed Rose

Sour Kraut, Nelli Blue and I made the trip East to shoot with the NAZTY Bunch and we are SOOOOO glad we did. Fun match wtih an even more fun bunch of shooters. We highly recommend you go visit this great group, we'll definitely be back.

(Yes Lumpy, we took pictures. But you know Sour Kraut's gonna have to post them. I can barely figure out how to turn this confounded thing on. :wacko: )

Lumpy,

Since this is a new range and new club, no big annual match has been planned...yet.

Start out with fun and KISS, and the big will come via word-of-mouth....... ;)

Hope you folks will have one. We would love to come over for a few days.

There,, now's ya been warned...... :lol:

LG

Sour Kraut, Nelli Blue and I made the trip East to shoot with the NAZTY Bunch and we are SOOOOO glad we did. Fun match wtih an even more fun bunch of shooters. We highly recommend you go visit this great group, we'll definitely be back.

(Yes Lumpy, we took pictures. But you know Sour Kraut's gonna have to post them. I can barely figure out how to turn this confounded thing on. :wacko: )

Philly,

I didn't take the time to meet and talk with you and Sour Kraut much, but sure enjoyed having you folks come shoot with us in Arizona. Hope to shoot with you again.

(that's me behind Nellie Blues shoulder in the pics)

KingSnake

This was very good first match. Coconino Pistolero had some fun stages to shoot (except the one where I got a P :angry: ).

Robber Barron had lots of snacks and ice cold gatorade for everyone. Nice touch.

Weather was about 80 degrees (perfect).

Really great bunch of folks to shoot with.

I plan on shooting both Cowboy and Wild Bunch every month except when there's cold & snow & 10 below.

KingSnake

Good location, good stages and good people.

Cody James, at 12 years old, is a force to be reckoned with.

He agged a 18.6 per stage for the match, gave us old poeple a whopping.

His sister, Sass Kicker, is not far behind him and yes, she beat most of us old poeple also.

Johnny Meadows

Thanks for all the help and provided steel, tables, and other things that go into running a successful match. It does not happen without many pards pitching in.

You do not have to worry about shooting when it is below zero, Kingsnake. I will be home by the stove. I DO want to shoot in a snowstorm though. Them targets will really disappear with black powder smoke and snowflakes.!

Here are some photos of the match. First the posse and then some of the shooters having a good time sending lead downrange.

Posse

Sass Kicker

Lady FCD making smoke

Shotgun target clangs

Hey CP,

how about a link to the scores ??

KingSnake

Nooooooooo!!! Don't show the scores!!! :o

(Did I mention I drove there for four hours with two women? Hopefully folks will remember that when they see my scores. :( )

Nooooooooo!!! Don't show the scores!!! :o

(Did I mention I drove there for four hours with two women? Hopefully folks will remember that when they see my scores. :( )

SOoooo, that means you didn't use your earplugs while drive'n, HUH ;)

LG

I was really surprised looking at the pictures - thought my vest more of a slimming effect.

Well known fact that the camera adds 10 pounds (at least).

Just ask any women you know. :lol:

Archived