SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 1894CB 357 Magnum

Kate

Hi Kate,

Are you looking to buy or sell? That dictates whether a price is good or not.

They are fairly scarce and sell new in the $800 to $850 range.

I have a slicked up Marlin 1894C I bought used for $475 and had to fight off another

buyer who was ballistic that I got there before he did at the SASS swap table that day.

Boy, was he ever mad at me for not backing down to him! :P

Kate:

Within the past month, two local Cowboys have bought 3 Marlin Cowboys in .45 Colt.

One Cowboy bought two of them for $450 and $500. Both were in good shape. The $450 was a 20" Comp and the $500 was a 24" Cowboy.

The other Cowboy bought his LNIB .45 Comp for $750 and in my opinion, worth it.

Sooooo, prices can vary depending on condition, etc...

Although these were in .45 Colt, it gives you some idea as to the range of price.

I understand that Randy St. Eagle recently sold his .38 Widdermatic for $1000. Sooooo, ya just never know what to expect.

..........Widder

thank you all for your replies.

I just picked up the Marlin...1894 Cowboy Limited Rifle Model 1894CB,in 357 magnum

this gun was slicked up by Long Hunter.....it is sweet..... cant wait to give her a try.....Pd $850.00 put she look brand spankin new!

Howdy,

Please let us know how it runs.

Id say that price is a fair one.

I just hope marlin gets its act together.

Best

CR

I have a slicked up Marlin 1894C I bought used for $475 and had to fight off another

buyer who was ballistic that I got there before he did at the SASS swap table that day.

Late in 2009, I found an 1894C .357 on Auction Arms listed with a "Buy it Now" price of $249... I hadn't signed into AA for some time, and I couldn't remember my doggone username and password! After several frantic minutes, I finally got it right and bought the darn thing. :lol:

Kate,

A Marlin Cowboy, 20" Octagon, slicked up by Longhunter and looking purty........I'd say ya got your moneys worth and then some.

Congratulations.

..........Widder

Kate:

Within the past month, two local Cowboys have bought 3 Marlin Cowboys in .45 Colt.

One Cowboy bought two of them for $450 and $500. Both were in good shape. The $450 was a 20" Comp and the $500 was a 24" Cowboy.

The other Cowboy bought his LNIB .45 Comp for $750 and in my opinion, worth it.

Sooooo, prices can vary depending on condition, etc...

Although these were in .45 Colt, it gives you some idea as to the range of price.

I understand that Randy St. Eagle recently sold his .38 Widdermatic for $1000. Sooooo, ya just never know what to expect.

..........Widder

Widder is correct, I recently sold a .38 Widdermatic Cowboy Comp for $1000 and it is a great rifle, in these parts one dealer still has a couple of pre-Remingtons NIB's for $925ea. out the door, so I say if you like yours and it shoots well you did good.

Randy

It's all about caliber. 45sand 44/40s tend to sell at a pretty constant price range 44s start there and go up 357s sell fast and the price can go from reasonable to outrages. A 24" 357 closed today on GB for 1200

Archived