SASS Wire Forum

New addiction....

Deja Vous

I rarely find things to collect anymore. I step into Ca with the thought that never again would I put much interest into "stuff" ... if you don't have it you can't have it taken right? lol... Course guns and 1890s corsets and hats are things I "need".. lol.. But I have found a new garage/estate sale addiction. There are these very cool glasses, plates, candle holders, and serving sets with little glass balls around the edges. Today I found 4 of them in a dark red, love red. But I have a start on a little collection of these little table settings with glass balls on the edges or bottoms of them. I try to buy only what I might use for a dinner with pals sort of thing. But some of it is so pretty to me.

So, do you collect anything else but guns and leather? lol

Little Glass Balls?

I am not sure that could be all that good. :unsure:

Not collecting balls, I am collecting dishes, glasses, and things like that with balls.

Ahhhh..... don't they roll off?

The balls? No, they don't roll over.. you see they are sort of stuck to the bottoms or tops of stuff...

I rarely find things to collect anymore. I step into Ca with the thought that never again would I put much interest into "stuff" ... if you don't have it you can't have it taken right? lol... Course guns and 1890s corsets and hats are things I "need".. lol.. But I have found a new garage/estate sale addiction. There are these very cool glasses, plates, candle holders, and serving sets with little glass balls around the edges. Today I found 4 of them in a dark red, love red. But I have a start on a little collection of these little table settings with glass balls on the edges or bottoms of them. I try to buy only what I might use for a dinner with pals sort of thing. But some of it is so pretty to me.

So, do you collect anything else but guns and leather? lol

Picture please - sounds like depression era glass . .could be something altogether different . . .

SC

Picture please - sounds like depression era glass . .could be something altogether different . . .

SC

K.. a common name is candlewick or berwick.. I guess Anchor Hocking made a copy, probably the stuff I am finding.. lol.. But I love cheap, and I don't care if it is antique or not. I love certain tastes regardless of value or era. For some reason the little glass balls on the bottom edge, or top edge of the plates caught my eye. Sort of like a shiney pocket watch does.... lol.. They are very odd, so I like them.

The balls? No, they don't roll over.. you see they are sort of stuck to the bottoms or tops of stuff...

Oh, I see! They're male dishes, plates, etc.!!! :lol::o:P

Always nice to hear abooot an addict with a new addiction . . . . :wacko:

Fur me ? . . . whut me do anything wierd ? . . you joke ? :huh:

PIGs . . .yep . . . PIGs . . . . a couple of years back . . . down at the animal shelter some of the low life idiots ( commonly refered to as employees ) wuz having a yard sale . . and there was a big figurine thing'r of a mother pig nursing her mess of piglets. This recalled for me my grandfathers collection of pigs. Everyone in the family would keep thur eyes out for any sort of figurine of pigs to add to grandfathers collection. I have no idea what ever happened to his collection, .... but I figured that would be a neat thing to collect. So I bought it fur a dollar and then found another little pig figurine and have them on a shelf in my "man cave / workshop" trailer.

I've been told that I have Brass Balls.... Is that close enough??????????lol

Hats. I have lots fo them - enough of them that people tell me its a collection. Never thought of it that way myself, I just like hats. I'm no addict. But I suspect the family is planning an intervention.

The O'Meara Himself

Hi Stranger .

I am a flee market and garage sale junkie !

I have found if you have three or more of one thing you hoard $hit ,I mean you are a collector :unsure:

Oh, I see! They're male dishes, plates, etc.!!! :lol::o:P

rotfl... okay maybe that is it... I like to set the table with guys.. lol... No, really its pretty cool stuff..

Always nice to hear abooot an addict with a new addiction . . . . :wacko:

Fur me ? . . . whut me do anything wierd ? . . you joke ? :huh:

PIGs . . .yep . . . PIGs . . . . a couple of years back . . . down at the animal shelter some of the low life idiots ( commonly refered to as employees ) wuz having a yard sale . . and there was a big figurine thing'r of a mother pig nursing her mess of piglets. This recalled for me my grandfathers collection of pigs. Everyone in the family would keep thur eyes out for any sort of figurine of pigs to add to grandfathers collection. I have no idea what ever happened to his collection, .... but I figured that would be a neat thing to collect. So I bought it fur a dollar and then found another little pig figurine and have them on a shelf in my "man cave / workshop" trailer.

Pigs, now do you set the table with them? I can picture a table with these little pigs all sitting around a plate of bacon.. lol Collecting gives ya something to look for when your out looking at stuff you admire but don't want to buy.. lol

I've been told that I have Brass Balls.... Is that close enough??????????lol

Would you mind if I glued them to a plate or bowl? Geez you are bad.. lol

Only if you want her decorating her table setting with them . . . .

Now there is a picture, huh? lol

Hats. I have lots fo them - enough of them that people tell me its a collection. Never thought of it that way myself, I just like hats. I'm no addict. But I suspect the family is planning an intervention.

The O'Meara Himself

Hats, oh boy don't get me started. I had to give that up. I buy them, decorate them and spend too much.. lol... I have too many, well, maybe one more.. lol

rotfl... okay maybe that is it... I like to set the table with guys.. lol... No, really its pretty cool stuff..

Deja, did you go and leave the door open again, or are the guys just pickin on you?

Hi Stranger .

I am a flee market and garage sale junkie !

I have found if you have three or more of one thing you hoard $hit ,I mean you are a collector :unsure:

Hey you... and yep, I get stranger every passing year.. lol... I am a collector????? Cool, a new title.. lol...

Archived