SASS Wire Forum

JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN May 25-27

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doc, are you going be in charge of the GUMBO competition on Friday Night. We can make it a part of the Meet and Greet. Which by the way went over extremely well, being everything was gone at the end of the night. Shaddai

I accept, the gauntlet has been thrown down. I will bring a gallon of my secret ingredient Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (my favorite), if we can get a couple a couple of other challengers!

Hey Shaddai, is that Jake on the front of the Chronicle this month? If it isn't, it should be. KCD

Somebody get word to Just Little Joe. He makes one more fine youbetcha' gumbo, Breaux!! :lol::P

KCD, no not yet.

Red River Ray, Here's your VIP Invitation for the Rockcastle Rangers 2nd Annual Match. May 25-27, 2012 Shaddai

I will accept the challenge of all comers! Yes Blackwater, even Lil' Joe! I will have a pot of my Voodoo Soup with me when I come! Who has the tums?

Certainly not me, the Tums that is. Never needed them. Don't know if Little Joe will join us but it would be neat. I'll be the beneficiary of all this competition......YUM :wub::P:wub::P:lol:

YEE-HAW! Doc, not only are you a great humanitarian!, but, a good cook as well? How about a bit of a wager for the best gumbo. My suggestion is the "winner" has to donate a fresh crisp 20 Dollar Bill to the SASS Schloarship Fund. This is gonna be a BLAST!!! The lady who taught me how to cook gumbo was named Marie Boudreaux. I guess she still is named Marie, she just doesn't answer when you call her. She was married to Beadoux (pronounced be-do) Boudreaux. You will never guess why he only wore patton leather shoes to the Fais-de-doux? (pardon the spelling - once agin) :blink: KCD

Doc, You are the man. Just let everyone know how you want to do it. Shaddai

Shaddai, your a judge! If you volunteer me, I will return the favor! What a good job to have!

KCD, Bring it brother, I had an Ol'Cajun teach me as well! This is gonna be good fer sher! Shaddai, could you post on your web page for everyone to bring their best pot of gumbo? You pick the day and time for it and I will be there with pot in hand!

Drover, I like the idea of the scholarship fund. But, the big push now is the chapel, what do ya say to a $20 entry fee, winner gets half and the other half goes to the chapel fund? I will find out who is in charge of this for SASS and who to send the money to. All entrances bring a supply of bowls and spoons. Ya getting these details Shaddai? Cool, let the ROUX begin!

Doc, lets do this Friday after side matches. The Meet n Greet is that night and we can put all together when were done. The Rangers will have

plenty of bowls and spoons, and I can handle being a Judge. Shaddai

Doc, I am IN! and so is my chicken and pig. You and I are going to make a contribution to the new Chapel; my chicken and pig?, well, they are making a going make a serious commitment to the Chapel. A little boiled rice and lot of hot, fragrant, savory gumbo with a bunch of Cowboys, Cowgirls, and Guns.....Man, does it get any better than this?

Well, while I am here, I might as well throw down the gauntlet across the country and challenge ALL gumbo cooks with any courage: Bring $20.00, your best Gumbo, your guns,an appetite for a great time, and see how you stack up against some of your peers at Rockcastle Rangers.

Doc, remind me to tell you why Beadoux only wore his patton leather shoes to all the Saturday night dances (Fais-de-doux).

YEE-HAW!!!

Knob Creek Drover

Red River Ray, Here's your VIP Invitation for the Rockcastle Rangers 2nd Annual Match. May 25-27, 2012 Shaddai

Can you imagine 'Co-Wrup Call and Wed Wiver Way' at the same match? Don't let the Geisha twins know about this. Kadisha and Ashia still talk about 'Call and Way' from last years travels.

I think Kadisha favors KK ^_^ and Ashia REALLY fell for RRR :wub: . She refers to him as her 'heart throb'. :wub:

Give me a break! :wacko:

..........Widder

I started a new thread about this gumbo deal. Let's talk this thing up and make it bigger than TBones smile in a posse picture! What good will it be if we only have 2 or 3 pots! We need serious participation! :excl:

This ought to be another of those social events where a shoot breaks out! :rolleyes:

Food! Drink! Music! Friends! Fun!! and lotsa' shootin'!!

What's not ta' like???

Y'all sadle up!!

Hey Doc,

I am with you, Doc. Let's get all them Cajun Chefs and WBCC's (that's "wanna be cajun chefs")to Rockcastle Rangers with their gumbo and their $20.00. We'll have that Chapel built in no time.

I read another post where you have been accused of stealing some steel chickens. I know you didn't do any such thing. I know cause, you are too smart to get caught. If you are gettin' accused, someone is framing you. Unless, uhh..., unless.......you really are guilty and are throwing the accusations at your own self making it look like your being framed and....and.... :wacko: I give up, too deep for an ole Louisiana boy living in Kentucky working in Indiana and wishing he was at a shoot. Hey, now, don't be thinkin' you can slip one of those bird brained cadavers in my gumbo. My chicken is young tender things; hand picked and hand plucked.

Looking forward to a greet week! KCD

I do not have the chickens! I think T Bone picked my name out of the hat as a possible suspect.

Anyway, the gumbo. Oh man, I hope we have at least 6-8 different pots of the palate pleasing soup! I like Griz's idea too about selling it for a buck or two a bowl! Your right, we will have that chapel built with one event! I am sure lookin forward to spring! Shoots like this one on the horizon makes winter seem to drag on.!

Doc, it will be well worth the wait. I'm getting hungry thinking about all the different GUMBO. I like FRIED Chicken, GRILLED Chicken, and ROASTED Chicken. Don't know where them Chickens are. MR CHICKENS, MR R NOT CHICKENS, MR 2 CHICKENS, IB MR CHICKENS.

I have not got T Bones chickens!

You can ask Split Rail, he was there, he knows I don't have them!

But I bet I find a chicken or 2 ta put in da pot fer da gumbo don't cha know! I be sayin AAAAYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEE Grab that gator by the tail now!

Doc, i can proise you one thing we don't have any chickens, just whiskey jugs. Don't tell Copperhead he has a hard time shooting whiskey jugs.

Hey Shaddai,

I posted to Doc on the Gumbo thread, we need a name for the Gumbo Cook Off. Can you pitch in with some ideas? My personal favorites are "The Eggs of Katie Chicken" or "McClintchicken" :blink: I think if we named the Gumbo Cook Off it would bring credablity, respect, and a solid reputation to this most serious of contests. ^_^ So, we need your help for a name. For that matter we could use everyones help. A contest to name a contest. Cool! :wacko: KCD

Credibility? For somethin the likes of us are involved in? Are you for real KCD? I s'pose stranger things have happened. OK, Help us name it. My suggestion: The Original SASS Cajun Cowboy Gumbo Cookoff and Feed at Rockcastle. More suggestions please!

I think Shaddai oughta parachute out of a plane wearing one of them cow outfits and land at the range carrying a sign that reads: "EAT MOOR GUMBO"!

"The Gun & Gumbo 1st Annual Chickenfest"

..........Widder

I think Shaddai oughta parachute out of a plane wearing one of them cow outfits and land at the range carrying a sign that reads: "EAT MOOR GUMBO"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"The Gun & Gumbo 1st Annual Chickenfest"

..........Widder

Now that is funny! I like the name! Maybe rearrange the words a little, like, The 1st Annual Gun and Gumbo Fest Where Shaddai Jumps From A Plane With A Cow Outfit And A Spoon All While Doc, Widder, Korupt Karl, Drover And Friends Sip Some Fine Whiskey. How is that one! I think that might be a longer name than Mose's Turkey shoot!

Archived