SASS Wire Forum

JAMES GANG RIDES AGAIN May 25-27

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Doc, I haven't been for real since I started this here "hobby". Tongue and Cheek - Tongue and Cheek! :lol: Of course, another way to look at this here contest is we are going to have a "serious" amount of fun not being serious! I kind of liked Shaddai's wording - Gumbo Wars! maybe Rockcastle's Gumbo Wars! maybe Rockcastle's Annual Gumbo Wars! maybe...or never mind. I also like your idea with Smoke added: Guns, Gumbo, and Smoke. Oh well, back to the "salt mines" KCD

Let the Rockcastle Gumbo Wars commence! :lol: Chicken, Sausage, Guinea, Turkey, Possum, Crab, Shrimp, Fish, Oyster, Spam (Yep, I had a Spam Gumbo once, cooked by a pretty little Cajun Gal in Cut-off Louisiana); it doesn't matter, their all good! (Well, maybe not possum :unsure: ) That's what's so great about Gumbo, there isn't only one kind; kind a like cowboys and cowgirls. Mix 'em up - put 'em together - add guns and BAM! you got something special! B) KCD

Nah! But I did build a new dessert treat while ago and soon as it cools I'm tryin' it out.. More later! :lol::wub::P

Is it the one you told me about Blackwater?

Nope!! This is one for the crock pot or Dutch oven!! Lots of fruit and spices and some pastry........ :wub::P

Crown?

:rolleyes::D

Buffalo Trace?

Bourbon, sippin' style. Good stuff, made right here in Kain-tuck-ee on the big river.

Doc & Drover, this things on the 3rd page. Just wanted to let you know I have good News for the Gumbo Wars. We had a Business donate a Grill for the WINNER.

Now hows that for you Gumbo Cooks.

Cowboys I"m talking a $350.00 Grill. You better come ready to impress. I might even include Jubalya and call it the Gumbayla Wars.

Shaddai,

WOW, nice grill.

I thought my idea of you parachuting out of a plane wearing one of them 'Cow' outfits and a sign that read; "Eat more Gumbo" was a good one but you have obviously trump my 'good' idea with a 'great' prize.

Wish I could cook!

Can't wait till May!

..........Widder

Doc, I think everyone knows your coming. Just wish you could get some fellow Ohio cowboys and cowgirls to come on down.

:unsure: Yeah!! How about it Split Rail?? You and Stoney orta' be here for this one!! We could smoke the place up a little more with your help!! :lol:

Maybe I'll do up a jambalaya after all!!

Hey Doc and Shaddai,

How's about calling up that guy named "Guy" from "Diners, Drive-in's, Dives". He could be the offical Judge of this thing and put us on TV at the same time. :) I am putting down another challenge to any and all Gumbo Warriors. I will pay the entry fee for the shooting contest of the winner for this here gumbo battle. So speak up if you got a pot and little bit of vittals to simmer in a nice dark roux. The more the combatants the better. That Chapel needs more than one nail to stand up to those winds out there. KCD or otherwise known as "The Gumbo Drover" :ph34r:

Doc, I think everyone knows your coming. Just wish you could get some fellow Ohio cowboys and cowgirls to come on down.

Shaddai,

Count this Ohioian in for the shoot. Bringing the miss,crown and "lemon-aide" too. Just need a spot for the new toy hauler...can't wait

Boaz

Longhorn, we have plenty of dry camping, or there's a full RV hook-up park 2 miles from the range. Diamond Caverns 270-749-9694

Archived