SASS Wire Forum

Gun Buggy

Paladin  Gun For Hire

Just posted on the wire that Cabela's has a gun cart in their new Spring Catalog. Folds flat,holds two guns and misc. gear. All for $149.99.

Bet they will sell a few of those.

Here it be....

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Do-All-Gun-Buggy/1209571.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dgun%2Bbuggy%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D16%26y%3D7&Ntt=gun+buggy&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Now, with the $20 off promotion (you'll need to buy one more item to clear $150), that's a deal.

LL

...here's another choice:

Cowboy Shooter's Supply

...and Martha and Joe are pards to ride the trail with....

Those aren't gun carts............Those are yuppie jogging strollers!

Wouldn't the rifles either up or down be a safety violation according to SASS?

...here's another choice:

Cowboy Shooter's Supply

...and Martha and Joe are pards to ride the trail with....

I'll second that! That's who I bought my cart's from and a very nice Taylor's & Co Cody Conagher slicked up '73.

Those aren't gun carts............Those are yuppie jogging strollers!

Wouldn't the rifles either up or down be a safety violation according to SASS?

...those from Joe and Martha are straight up and down...

There are no gun cart rules in SASS, safety or otherwise. Never have been. Hopefully never will be.

Local rules is a different story...

I beg to differ. SASS requires that actions be open in gun carts. New rule went into effect back in '02 or '03. As I recall, it was in response to someone who placed his or her long gun into the cart, pulled the trigger, and heard a loud "bang." Apparently didn't properly clear at the unloading table.

But you are correct that SASS rules still allow muzzle-up, muzzle-down, or horizontal carry in gun carts. However, there are a lot of affiliated clubs which have more restrictive local rules with which to contend.

Actions open is a fine rule. I was referring to muzzle orientation in the cart. Muzzles up would be preferred but it is not required. Not by SASS anyway. To date, even the iconic little red wagon muzzles horizontal cart is still legal.

Are there clubs somewhere/anywhere that outlaw the little red wagon cart?

Never heard of any but it wouldn't surprise me any. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Archived