SASS Wire Forum

Bad cop

Tom Muley

As previously mentioned; bad cop, bad grocer, bad mechanic, bad retail clerk - what difference does his profession make? I'm also immature, I guess, because I'm absolutely sure a thorough illegal beating with a blackjack and steel toed boots would get his attention. Whining to "The Law" that "he's harassing my daughter" isn't going to do a damn thing over trivial crap like this unless he beats her senseless, burns her house down, or kills her. A protective order won't do a thing to physically protect her either, but it provides some measure of legal protection to you and her both if you have to... "take action" to prevent or stop a physical altercation.

A decade or more back, I went through a divorce straight from hell. She made allegations of abuse against me, acquired a restraint order, then repeatedly broke into my house(s) while I was at work, stealing things, vandalizing the house(s), vandalizing vehicles, etc. Witnesses put her on the properties, but no one actually saw her in my house(s), or actually vandalizing vehicles, so the police just shrugged their shoulders and said, "There's nothing we can do, sir". Of course, with me being the "bad guy", maybe they just didn't want to do anything, who knows. They just aren't going to get involved with trivial crap like this; there are not enough cops in a department to respond and follow up on every "he's harassing us, their dog is crapping on my lawn, somebody keyed my car, my tires got slashed, she threw a styrofoam cup out her window, he was going 75 in a 65 zone, he took two newspapers, etc.

"Plus if the State's attorney ever subpeona's this thread and somehow learns that you advised him to commit a felony, you will be his cellie."

Oh good grief. :rolleyes:

As previously mentioned; bad cop, bad grocer, bad mechanic, bad retail clerk - what difference does his profession make? I'm also immature, I guess, because I'm absolutely sure a thorough illegal beating with a blackjack and steel toed boots would get his attention. Whining to "The Law" that "he's harassing my daughter" isn't going to do a damn thing over trivial crap like this unless he beats her senseless, burns her house down, or kills her. A protective order won't do a thing to physically protect her either, but it provides some measure of legal protection to you and her both if you have to... "take action" to prevent or stop a physical altercation.

A decade or more back, I went through a divorce straight from hell. She made allegations of abuse against me, acquired a restraint order, then repeatedly broke into my house(s) while I was at work, stealing things, vandalizing the house(s), vandalizing vehicles, etc. Witnesses put her on the properties, but no one actually saw her in my house(s), or actually vandalizing vehicles, so the police just shrugged their shoulders and said, "There's nothing we can do, sir". Of course, with me being the "bad guy", maybe they just didn't want to do anything, who knows. They just aren't going to get involved with trivial crap like this; there are not enough cops in a department to respond and follow up on every "he's harassing us, their dog is crapping on my lawn, somebody keyed my car, my tires got slashed, she threw a styrofoam cup out her window, he was going 75 in a 65 zone, he took two newspapers, etc.

"Plus if the State's attorney ever subpeona's this thread and somehow learns that you advised him to commit a felony, you will be his cellie."

Oh good grief. :rolleyes:

If she was stupid enough to take that moronic advice and the Officer fired in defense of his life, this thread would be a viable part of the investigation. You forget the depths an Attorney will dive into while defending a client. ;)

BSD

There ya go. Go after the persecuted citizen and all his online imaginary friends, and protect the good "Officer" who has been harassing said citizen and his family instead. And now we're down to name calling too; appear to side with the citizen and all of a sudden some alleged online cop is referring to you as a moron. As long as the (bad) badge can go home safe, eh?

There ya go. Go after the persecuted citizen and all his online imaginary friends, and protect the good "Officer" who has been harassing said citizen and his family instead. And now we're down to name calling too; appear to side with the citizen and all of a sudden some alleged online cop is referring to you as a moron. As long as the (bad) badge can go home safe, eh?

Your dislike of police is well known but it may be influencing your perception here.

It appears to me that everyone here is supporting the citizen not attempting to protect the officer. However, we alleged online cops do advise against the ass whooping method of resolving the case as it would only serve to cause more problems.

Departments do take complaints like this very seriously if for no other reason than they face serious liability issues if they fail to investigate and take action.

As long as the (bad) badge can go home safe, eh?

No. As long as the (bad) badge can be removed from office, prosecuted under the same laws that he was sworn to and failed to uphold, convicted and sentence by legislated guidelines, and the victim can go home safe.

Vigilante justice goes overboard way too often...which is why it's illegal and unwise to recommend. And yes, attorneys and cops will look for and find written statements of illegal intent, and use them against you in a court of law. If you don't believe me, just do a search for online posting arrests and see how many returns you get.

Ok...all you 'online' cowboy shooters fess up LOL!

Anyway, the persistent perp that is hassling this young lady may have the title of 'cop' but his actions are that of a psycho and NOT that of a peace officer...

GG ~

Last month I swapped cars with her, so the nut would think she was gone. I think I'll pack my bags and move down there with her for a few weeks. I'm sorta big and scary, most backoff when I get upset.

I think Lawman Mark has the right idea! The phone is a great idea too, but the best

idea I think would be for you to take a vacation to see your daughter and maybe do a little

rabbit hunting or a little target practice. I think your statement "big & scary" and the fact

your there with her will do a world of good!

Wishing you and your daughter all the best!

Quick Draw Grandpaw

Mike

P.S. Please remember it not the job they hold, but the lack

of the required smarts you need to function in this world!

Archived