SASS Wire Forum

What happened?

Guest ATTICA JACK, SASS #23953

Guest ATTICA JACK, SASS #23953

Hi all. I shot my last match in 2004, the Michigan Range war. After the match my wife and I went for a little sail, on our sailboat. Seven years later, we returned to Michigan, bought a home etc. I went to the Michigan Range war in 2011, as I want to get back into cowboy shooting again. I talked to several cowboy shooters at the match and I was surprised to learn that there are many, too many shooting categories. It seems that every shooter has his or her shooting category. Are all those shooting categories needed? I used to shoot duelist, now I have to figure out what category I want to shoot. It seems to add some confusion to the sport, I just want to shoot and have fun. See everyone next year, when I get some practice in and start shooting again. Thanks Attica Jack #23953

Duelist is a recognized category. That's all you need to know. You can shoot Senior Duelist or Frontier Cartridge Duelist or any of the age based categories you qualify for.

The only real changes are in the age based categories. Ignore them if you wish. I do.

You can shoot Duelist in every category (depending on your age) except Gunfighter, unless you shoot double duelist.

Allie Mo

Ya mean ya can't shoot double duelist in 49er?

I just want to shoot and have fun. Thanks Attica Jack #23953

If that is an honest statement.....than just go shoot and have fun, and quit worrying about all of the categories out there that OTHER PEOPLE want!!!

Archived