SASS Wire Forum

Dooley Gang Shotshells?

Krazy Kajun

I was picking through some expended shot shell hulls that I recently acquired (from the recent Ambush shoot in AL) and noticed some hulls that had "Dooley Gang" printed on them. Where do these originate? I've not seen these before.

I have a box T-Bone gave me at Winter Range 2010. He told me it was the only time Remington had ever stamped any thing other than Remington on their shells.

I have two specialty shells from Remington made for shoots. One is from True Grit in Arkansas 2001, and the other is from Showdown at Buckcreek, Cleburne, Texas 2003 Southwest Regional. Both are Remingtons and appear to be STS. I don't know how many you have to buy for special runs, but, it can be done and they are nice little gifts.

I have two specialty shells from Remington made for shoots. One is from True Grit in Arkansas 2001, and the other is from Showdown at Buckcreek, Cleburne, Texas 2003 Southwest Regional. Both are Remingtons and appear to be STS. I don't know how many you have to buy for special runs, but, it can be done and they are nice little gifts.

Hey, I have one of each of those too !

I have a box T-Bone gave me at Winter Range 2010. He told me it was the only time Remington had ever stamped any thing other than Remington on their shells.

T-Bone was woolin ye around or mistaken. Like Klondike and Jack I still have my Buck Creek SW Regional shell that was in the shooter's pack back in the day. Get the money right and you too can have special run shells.

I have STS marked Grand Trap shoot and a couple from Shoot out at Rabbit Ridge Bahilia Ms marked Mississippi River Range. I shot some Dooley Gang shells that I reloaded with Black at Ambush, so the ones you have may have come from my way. I understand if you order a certain number from Remington you can get them with any logo you want. Anyway they make good items for your trophy display.

McKenzie

Lots of STS around with "Grand National" on them.

I have STS marked Grand Trap shoot and a couple from Shoot out at Rabbit Ridge Bahilia Ms marked Mississippi River Range. I shot some Dooley Gang shells that I reloaded with Black at Ambush, so the ones you have may have come from my way. I understand if you order a certain number from Remington you can get them with any logo you want. Anyway they make good items for your trophy display.

McKenzie

I am very slowly making my way through the LIFETIME supply of shot shells hulls that I acquired at Ambush and have seen these Dooley Gang shells....now I know where they came from.

In case anyone wants to know what a lifetime supply of shot shells look like here is a picture. It shows the contents of 8 large black trash bags that we hauled back to Georgia from Ambush. The containers with the red, green, gold and black are those that I have sorted so far. Still have 3 large storage bins to sort through.

Krazy Kajan,

I'm glad you found something to occupy your time. You can sort them by gauge, then by color, then by manufacturer, then if they had black powder in them, then by...... well, you get the idea. :lol:

I did some quick math and figured you bought about 9,000 shotgun shells. :rolleyes: That works out to about a penny a piece.

Badlands Bob

BLB, remember how you offered to bid for me during the brass auction at Ambush? I might have been better off letting you bid for me...maybe would have spent less.

If'n your peepers are accurate about getting 9,000 hulls the price works out to .8 cents a piece...not quite a penny. I got a few guys at w*rk that shoot sporting clays and they are taking my rejects; non AAs and anything loaded with the evil black and I'm getting primers, powder and shot from them so I should make out ok. The Boy Scouts got some good old Kajun script that I printed off fresh in Granna's office so all in all I'm happy.

Archived