SASS Wire Forum

First handgun

Rye Miles #13621

First rifle I shot was my dad's Remington .22 511

First pistol was dad's Ruger .22

First rifle I owned CVA .54 Mountain rifle

First pistol I owned Lyman's 1858 Remington

TF

First rifle was probably a mossberg 22, the bolt action tube magazine with the "full stock". First pistol was the SW K22 masterpiece that still resides in the cut off sleeve of a infant sized pajama top in the original box. IIRC the mossberg was one of a couple rifles stolen years ago during a breakin, along with the Stevens single shot 22 take-down my grand dad bought to teach grandma to shoot before they were stationed on the southern border.

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Howdy, my first rifle was a Winchester 62A that my grandfather gave me when I was 10. My first pistol was a BiCentinnal Ruger Single six that I bought in 1976, then I bought his big brothers a Ruger Blackhawk in 357 and a Super Blackhawk in 44mag. The rest is gun history too many to recall and which ones were sold off or put into the safe

HI I'M DONN AND I'M A GUNALCOHOLIC

Regards ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Well if we are not talking bb guns then my first real rifle i shot was a winchester model 94 30-30 when i was 13 or 14 and the first pistol i shot i am not real sure when i was 16 i bought a pistol and or other gun every other week and the flee market in the springs ... so it was either a colt 45 saa or a ruger 101 saa 22lr it looked like a revolver but was really a single shot.... at the same time i picked up a allens and hopkins 56 cal .... i should have kept it ....but at that age i was wheelin and dealin i traded it for a 16ga and a yamaha 12 string guitar....

First rifle was a Marling 30-30 lever action. Dad still owns it.

First pistol was a Ruger New Model Blackhawk .41 mag. Dad gave it to me years ago and I still have it.

First shotgun (just felt like adding this) was a Parker .20 gauge sxs. Was my grandfathers. When he died and his house put in order this gun was missing. Nobody seems to know where it went. Sad for me as I remember going on my first bird hunt with my grandfather and him letting me use it. Very vividly remember that day...good times.

It is really amazing how these guns bring back memories of spending time with my dad and my grandfather and other family and friends.

Howdy,

First rifle was a Remington Nylon 66 with a black stock and white diamonds. Shared it with my brother.

First pistol was a 1911A1. Never shot a pistol until Boot Camp.

First shotgun was a magazine-fed 5-shot bolt action 20 gauge from Belgium. Don't remember who made it. Dad bought for 15 bucks.

Shakey

First pistol I ever shot was a H&R .32S&W long of my Dad's when I was 9 or 10. I've taken it to the range since and still can't hit with the thing.

First rifle I ever shot was a No.1 MkIII Lee-Enfield that somebody did a cheapo sporterizing on. They took off the upper wood and the lower forearm wood to just short of the barrel band, and narrowed the forearm down between the barrel band and the mag well but left the brass buttplate on it. (Yeah, took 2 pounds of wood off the front end of it but left the buttplate alone- I don't get it either.) I was 9 or 10 when I shot it for the first time. It brought my front foot off the ground but didn't knock me over. We won't mention the bruise on my shoulder.

First shotgun I ever shot was an old H&R Topper 16 gauge.

First pistol I ever owned was a 4006 Smith that I got for my 21st birthday. My first wheelgun was a Brazilian contract 1917 Smith that somebody converted to .45Colt. It was followed closely by a Uberti SAA clone in .45Colt.

First rifle I ever owned was either a Stevens (not Savage) 110E in .30-'06 or a Marlin 336 in .30-30. I got both about the same time and I really don't remember which came first.

First shotgun I ever owned, believe it or not, was my CAS match shotgun-a 1906 vintage Winchester 1901. It only took me a year to work up all the components and information to be able to make the ammunition for it.

Ruger 44 mag super blackhawk

Winchester 30/30

H$R 12g

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

First gun . . . Ithica "Saddle Gun" . . .22 single shot falling block . . . looked like an old west lever action saddle gun. Excellent first gun for a teenager. Foolishly traded it off when I bought my first big caliber rifle. But.... last year aquired one just like it for my grandson to use as their first rifle.

First pistol. Webley MKIV .45 The big Brithish side arm of WW I and WW II .... Sold it after a year or so. But got me two more of them back in the late '70s when I was in Sand Diego,.... and still have them.

I shot a single shot bolt action .22 when I was about 13, don't remember what kind it was.:rolleyes:

First handgun I ever shot was a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 (I shot .38's) ;)

What was the first rifle and handgun ya ever shot? Just curious, Rye

My first was a Stevens 22 Crack Shot falling block still have it...I got it for my 5th birthday there was not a safe beer can in the old slate mine at Grandma's house...as for hand gun Dad had a small 22 auto loader he would let me shoot....some things don't change I couldn't hit squat then with a hand gun and can't now.. :rolleyes:

When I was in the third grade we moved to a new house. Dad found a Savage .22 target rifle in the basement, and we shot tin cans with it out on a country road. The first rifle that was mine alone was JC Higgins bolt action tube fed .22, a Christmas present about age 15. Both are long gone.

The first handgun I shot was grandpa's H&R .22 revolver. He kept cats out of his garden with it. I have it to this day.

The first handgun that was mine was a High Standard .22 auto, $50 in about 1961. Also long gone.

first gun I shot waz an old double coach gun. Dad put me on the canal bank and loaded it up with double 00 buck. Set both bbls off and threw me into the canal. He laffed and laffed....(I hated shotguns for a while. I got to pay him back when recently he asked me where that old gun went. I told him that his brother hocked that really old gun for beer money long ago. thought he was gonna cry as it was his daddys.

first pistol I shot was a Wather P-38 the Old Top had. got my first and last slide cuts....ouch!

surprised I like gunz so much after the first times..

curley

Archived