SASS Wire Forum

- - - Escaped . . . .

Wolfgang, SASS #53480

Yep . . Escaped . . . for a day . . . to the hills . . . Pine trees along winding hilly side roads . . farms, cows, old barns along side . . . and then into Volcano. A nice late morning sitting on a bench with the Sunday newspaper and coffee. Bought some produce from a "one lady farmers market" that she'd set up with a card table at the "main intersection" ( only intersection ;) ). Took a mid day nap and then a leasurely drive back to Stockton.

More "Volcano" pictures from July. . . Volcano Pix..

My wife and I also escaped for a while yesterday. We drove to a resevoir with trails and rode a couple of our horses for several hours. The trails varied from easy to challenging. We climbed a large bluff on horseback on a narrow trail with a sharp drop-off. It made for a interesting ride going up and down. I kept looking at the rock outcroppings and thinking what a great location for a movie. Indians crawling around on top of the rocks when riding with sixgun in hand to fight our way out of ambush. Caves at the base of the outcroppings to make a stand like Gus in Lonesome Dove.

I like that town .... I would live there .... my wife would mess her pants and shoot me but i like it!

I've bin in Dayton a few times . . not buy choice -_- . . but to get to the airport as it is handier to reach from the family home than going to Kintucky for the Cincinnati (sic) airport. Volcano California beats Dayton Ohio by a long way.... :)

I escaped from the print shop yesterday.

I:

Fixed my mother's rrefridgeraerator.

Fixed the fan on her wood stove.

Built a wood rack for her front porch.

Filled said wood rack.

Worked in the bee yard.

Drove some steel posts.

That stuff ate up most of the day.

Mom's 92 and I am daily grateful that she is still around.

I also "escaped" friday-sunday. Went back to the hospital friday morning to see why my leg was turning red-purple-blue-black-green all the way down to my knee.

Hemoglobin burst, (my catheter incision had been leaking a little after all), and of course gravity took over. Good news was they said I was OK and it would just run its course. They let me go, so I went home and packed my colonial stuff for Fort Osage and spent the weekend with the aging members of that era of historical interpretation. We need some young blood to take over....damn we're getting greyheaded and long in the teeth!

Drank too much grog, an hot buttered rum, and rum from my bottle at the tavern friday and saturday nights, but hey... once in while ya gotta let go right? ;)

Didn't take the camera though. Sorry.

Bodine

Volcano California beats Dayton Ohio by a long way.... :)

I must differ with you, Vulfie; Dayton, Ohio Contains the Wilbur and Orville Wright Bicycle Shoppe, as well as the US Air Force Aviation Museum. As such, it is the center of the known universe: The Wingnut Mecca.

Angels Camp

Hey Wolfy

We were up that way last year. Spent some time in Vacville, went to Nevada City and then down for a couple of days in Angels Camp. Wish we could have spent more time just pokin around. And next time gonna take the gold pan.

take care

curley

Angels Camp

Hey Wolfy

We were up that way last year. Spent some time in Vacville, went to Nevada City and then down for a couple of days in Angels Camp. Wish we could have spent more time just pokin around. And next time gonna take the gold pan.

take care

curley

Curly when you were in Vacaville you should have called we are only an hour away plus the River City Regulators is only about 1/2 an hour they shoot the first Sunday of the month

TS

I would have loved to but the aunt we visit there keeps to such a tight clock. We went to Nevada City and back in 24 hrs. Me and GramaPhyllis could have spent days in each town.(plus we drove within a block or so from Wadsworth Ellis' house.

maybe next time....

curley

Archived