SASS Wire Forum

Jut the thing for those that like Iced drinks

Doc Windshadow

Now, IF someone sent this to a couple of people I can think of in Washington with the suggestion that ice bullets would be untraceable, said people would overreact and suggest banning these ice cubes with even stopping to think that these are not bullets.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Mythbusters did a show on untraceable bullets their first season and showed that even at rimfire speeds the heat and shock of firing made them a non feasible projectile (they also tried things like frozen meat and gelatin slugs as I recall) interesting the graphics used to illustrate what they were doing made normal TV/Media error of showing a frozen Ice Cartridge just like the ones produced by this product rather than just an ice bullet so I do take your point

Now bludgeoning someone with a frozen item like a Joint of meat and than cooking and eating same is another way of getting rid of a weapon that I think was used on a Clombo episode (I think a Leg of Lamb was the weapon of choice but that was more than a few years ago and memory fades

No I don't think so but you would have to sure the Sabot left behind did not give away your magic bullet to the CSI folks I guess that may be why they did not I expect Professional assassins lap the bore of their weapon( or just get rid of it) after each job to change the riffling marks on the slugs enough to prevent CSI from connecting all of their hits.

I have ordered the Ice mould and I will report on how it works... I need to google as to how to get clear ice cubes for these I guess as I think the look better than my normal full of air bubbles ice

Now bludgeoning someone with a frozen item like a Joint of meat and than cooking and eating same is another way of getting rid of a weapon that I think was used on a Clombo episode (I think a Leg of Lamb was the weapon of choice but that was more than a few years ago and memory fades

Doc,

That was an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, originally broadcast on April 13, 1958. It was adapted from a Roald Dahl short story.

And the cop wanted more of the crispy bit from the end.

It has been far too long since I have cooked myself a sweet bone in leg of spring lamb.... Humm its almost spring in New Zealand :) The problem I live alone and a full leg... lets see the is one super fine Sunday Dinner with roast potatoes and carrots and parsnips all cooked in the wine under the convection roasting lamb to make perfect juices for the sauce (corrected just before severing with red current jelly ) then 4 or 5 days of lamb sandwiches and then the last chunked up and a curry made of the left over gravy..... Yes a Week of lamb.... sounds just the thing And I love the crispy bits :)

Amazing memory on the Hitchcock reference guys... I guess the plot stuck in the memory better than the show did and Peter Falk's recent passing had his show in a more accessible chunk of my memory

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kitchen/e7b4/

Only problem is You would need a bunch of these tray/magazines to make enough ice for this bunch :rolleyes:

JUst made my first batch of 20 with this (I got a pair of em) and they came out very well (the trick to getting the clear like in the photo is to boil and cool the water twice)

they molds are well made and quite ingenious

Recommended and Yes I would rather have them in 45-70 or 45-90!

Mythbusters did a show on untraceable bullets their first season and showed that even at rimfire speeds the heat and shock of firing made them a non feasible projectile (they also tried things like frozen meat and gelatin slugs as I recall) interesting the graphics used to illustrate what they were doing made normal TV/Media error of showing a frozen Ice Cartridge just like the ones produced by this product rather than just an ice bullet so I do take your point

==========================================================

Don't know about Columbo, but in an old '50's black & white Alfred Hitchcock episode, a frozen leg of lamb was used by a woman to whack her husband. She cooked the weapon and served it to the cops who were investigating her husband's demise!

seen a movie flight of the condor with robert redford and he mentioned

a crime where the only evidence was a small bit of water on the floor

by the corpse, he said ice.... killer used an ice projectile in the bullet.

Archived