SASS Wire Forum

US open RV camping

Dingo and Sixgun

Dingo and I are planning to attend the US Open this year. Can anyone tell me about the RV parking. A friend said there were spots right by the range near stage 7 ? We need H2O and Elec. but can dump later. How do we request these spots?

Thanks,

Sixgun Sallie :)

There are probably 500 camping spots with concrete pads, picnic tables, water and electrical hook ups at Sparta right on the property.. they also have a shower facility by the camping area..

Don't know about down by the range but.. the camping spots with hookups are about a mile to 1 1/2 miles from the CAS shooting range..

They also have golf carts for rental if you don't want to drive your vehicle to the range..

Rance <_<

Thinkin' the ones on the range are held for vendors..

Hard to do it justice with a written description. The roads are all nicely paved, you never leave the facility even if you're a couple of miles from the range. Like Doc said - 1,000 full hookups on concrete, and enough shooting facility to make your jaw drop as you drive by endless trap & skeet houses.

Plenty of room for a SASS event, but book early for the world scattergun events.

CR

Will certainly look forward to seeing you there! You won't regret it!

Doc-

Gonna miss ya at the Open - gotta be in PA that weekend. Shoot fast - don't miss.

CR

Lots of campsites(1000), beautiful showers and good roads. Shuttles that can handle a full posse with gun carts to take you from Stage 10 back to stage 1. Best "Cowboy" range layout I have every shot.

And they're glad to see us show up!!!!!!!

What ye gotta do ta fish them ponds?

RRR

Looks like ya just show up and throw in a line! I'm assuming you'll need a license. Here's a link to their fishing info page.

http://www.dnr.state.il.us/worldshooting/FISHING.HTM

Bet it won't taste as good as sum Kaintuck catfish! :P

Looks like ya just show up and throw in a line! I'm assuming you'll need a license. Here's a link to their fishing info page.

http://www.dnr.state.il.us/worldshooting/FISHING.HTM

Bet it won't taste as good as sum Kaintuck catfish! :P

Thanks buddy for tha info. Hey I stopped an bought tha same fish and breader as I left out from Joes :) I've already fried some more up. I love em. Be good.

RRR

Thanks buddy for tha info. Hey I stopped an bought tha same fish and breader as I left out from Joes :) I've already fried some more up. I love em. Be good.

RRR

RRR, I'm a bettin' we kin look forward to more o' that fish at Open. :wub::P

See ya there Pard!! :lol:

Doc-

Gonna miss ya at the Open - gotta be in PA that weekend. Shoot fast - don't miss.

CR

Miss ya there Rick. Maybe this weekend at Hoosier Ambush! Gonna be a hot one!

Archived