SASS Wire Forum

Battle of the Rogue River

10 very well thought out, colorful stages, a range that you've gotta see to believe and weather that was about perfect. The Merlin Maruaders really cranked out a match to remember! Thank you.

Special congrats to:

Lady Jade

Lead Ringer

Top Lady and Man, each a joy to shoot with, and both on Posse 4

Around 200 happy shooters can't be wrong and it was great to hear this club will be the venue for the 2012 Oregon State championship shoot, they've earned it!

10 very well thought out, colorful stages, a range that you've gotta see to believe and weather that was about perfect. The Merlin Maruaders really cranked out a match to remember! Thank you.

Special congrats to:

Lady Jade

Lead Ringer

Top Lady and Man, each a joy to shoot with, and both on Posse 4

Around 200 happy shooters can't be wrong and it was great to hear this club will be the venue for the 2012 Oregon State championship shoot, they've earned it!

Glad Ta' see that Ya' Made it down this year Mikie !!!!!

I am BUMMED that I didn't git ta' make it over this year..

Always a Great Time is had !!

WHY

Mudflat,

Thanks for starting a thread to recognize one of the best shoots I have been to in quite awhile.

I concur, award wining stages and set up. Great scheduling (but no Plainsman) and one of the most beautiful settings in Oregon.

I am certainly looking forward to being there next year for the Orgon State shoot!!!!

They went way past the extra mile to make all the shooters have an enjoyable time.

Yes, and congradulations to Jade and Ringer!!

Ol' #4

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

The folks there put on quite a match and were super freindly,it was well worth the drive. And congrats on getting the Oregon State match too.

PS: thanks to Big Lou for running Posse 5, a nicer bunch of folks you couldn't find to shoot with.

Hi Folks,

I just got back from The Battle of the Rogue River in Merlin, Oregon. It was a beautiful venue, had wonderful weather, a fantastic posse, great people everywhere, and MY FIRST CLEAN ANNUAL MATCH. YIPPEE! :D

It was my sister-in-law, Shelly's, first time at a match or meeting any shooters. She had fun and enjoyed the folks. They were so friendly to her. You done me proud folks. Thank you!

I was also honored with First Place Lady's Shooting Costume and Third Place Lady's Evening Costume. Thanks to Powder River Rose and "her girls."

Thank you Merlin Merauders!

BTW, COG is not Crotchety or Old or Grouchy. Consider yourself "outed" pard. :);)

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS By the last day, despite a "rocky start," Shelly could even understand why we :wub: Old. # 4. Really! :lol::lol::lol:;)

BTW, COG is not Crotchety or Old or Grouchy. Consider yourself "outed" pard. :);)

That wasn't me, that was my astral projection. I send it out when people are involved and I am expected to be civil.

Saves me the trouble of hiding the bodies!

Way to go Ringer! :) Sounds like it was a fun match. Have to plan for it next year.

Thanks Fast. It is a great place to shoot.

This was my second major match, and only about my 7th match ever. Stages were very well set up and thought out, very little Posse hold up (one posse faster than the one in front), beautiful weather (My sincere thanks to whomever supplied that!), and great shooters. Met a lot of freindly and smiling faces, some new, some old (old friends, not necassarily old...).

Suggestions: Not really any. Social activities were excellent, dinner on Saturday was excellent, lunch was better than decent.

Two thumbs up for this match!

The Merlin Marauders continue to put on a wonderful shoot each year. We wouldn't miss it. They are a great club and we are already planning to go again next year.

Our thanks go to all of them for a match very well done.

Kid Kneestone and Little Irish Lassy

COG,

Thanks for the virtual tour and scores. Wish I couldda been there. Likely next year. In all my years of shooting SASS matches I have NEVER heard one ill word regarding the Merlin Marauders annual. The pics & posts are further proof of another great shoot.

Kudos to a great group of dedicated cowboys and cowgirls, they went above and beyond to make sure everyone had a great time. I can only sum this up in one word..... FUN!!FUN!!FUN!!! ( I guess that's three words, but you get the idea). Great stages, well thought out planning, the evening entertainment was a hoot. Having been to every annual, each year gets better. Thanks to all who worked so hard.

Archived