SASS Wire Forum

Ruger 96/22 & The End of the World

Wolf Bane, SASS 13557

Since the End of the World is slated for Saturday, I thought it made sense to go shoot one more match with Grizzly Dave. So I'll be at Pawnee Station outside of Ft. Collins on Saturday morning when the sun blinks out (maybe I should bring a Cowboy SureFire, aka, a box of matches, just in case). If you think about it — and, believe me, I haven't — a cowboy match seems an appropriate activity for TEOTWAWKI, especially if Brother King is also there, as I always imagined he'd make it to the End of the World with me, especially since he's so much better dressed than me. The hardest thing, I think, will be deciding which hat to wear on the Last Day...my biggest fear is getting to the Pearly Gates (or the Other Place) and discovering that Cap'n George Baylor got there before me wearing the same hat. What would I say? John B. Stetson would probably smack me upside the head.

BTW, if the world should amazingly not end on Saturday, I'm in the market for an old Ruger 96/22 lever action .22 LR (not the .22 Magnum, which are easy to find)...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO...hasta la vista, goodbye, that's all she wrote, adios, night night, etc. I leave you with the words of Bob Dylan:

Now I likes to do just like the rest, I likes my sugar sweet

But guarding fumes and making haste, it ain't my cup of meat

Everybody's just standin' 'round 'neath the trees, feeding pigeons on a limb

But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here, then pigeons'll go to him...

Wolf "GONE BABY GONE" Bane

SASS13557

Guess I need to go buy another Spam Can of 7.62x54 and one of 7.62x39

I still have my case of 7.62X39 from Y2K unopened. Do I really need to buy more, naw. We are shooting our annual 2 day match, THUNDER IN THE BRUSH. I ain't worried, at least it will be with all of my pards.

Archived