SASS Wire Forum

Tailgaters

Rye Miles #13621

I recently had an obnoxious tailgater while driving at night on a long road with no place to pass. After a few minutes of enduring headlight glare, I turned my rearview mirror and two big (truck) side mirrors to send that glare right back at the tailgater.

He backed off to a reasonable distance and I readjusted my mirrors. When the road straightened out, I let him by. No gestures on the part of either driver.

Well, it worked once, anyhow.

buena suerte,

eGG

I've had success with that many times.

I've made a number of tailgaters back off by giving my windshield washers a loooong spray and wipe. The dense ones require a second dose. They have to start their wipers and then either back off to avoid more spray-back, or move to another lane and/or go around. I make it a point to smile when they go by.

YEP! works great in my neck of the woods too. They back off or change lanes. It seems like it doesn't bring out the road rage in them either. :rolleyes:

What's really annoying is then when they do pass ya they either look at you like yer nuts or worse give ya the bird!!!!:angry:

BTW I'm not a slow driver I go about 5 miles or so ABOVE the speed posted. They ain't got no business on my rear if there's other lanes open. That really ticks me off!

What's really annoying is then when they do pass ya they either look at you like yer nuts or worse give ya the bird!!!!:angry:

BTW I'm not a slow driver I go about 5 miles or so ABOVE the speed posted. They ain't got no business on my rear if there's other lanes open. That really ticks me off!

I am hearing the potential for elevated blood pressure, elevated anger, possible road rage from either you or the other driver. Any or all of these are not healthy choices.

Try killing them with kindness and attempt to do what ever it takes to get the tailgater around you and on their way as safely as possible. Who knows, perhaps they are responding to a family emergency and you and others just so happens to be in the way. Or they could just be a$$holes and would just as soon settle the score right then and there, which most people wouldn't want to bargin for.

Just a thought.

Blastmaster

I used to drive a beat up s 10 blazer. I don't speed, much, but one day I was heading down the center lane of a 3-lane highway, no one around except the idiot on my bumper. I'd have to say less than a foot honking and raising all kinds of he!! to get me to speed up. I slowed down to force him around me. When he did, he tried to pull a rifle on me. I guess my carry pistol with the laser sight trained on him stopped him.

Moral of the story... People are STUPID AND INSANE!!! and they can't figure out that there's another lane or to go around.

BE CAREFUL!

In Kansas the speed limit is apparently a suggestion. Normally on I435 I do 75 in a 70 and 65 in a 60. I'm tailgated EVERY morning and EVERY night. Doesn't bother me. I set the cruise control and turn Glen Miller up on the CD player. They ALWAYS give me the one-finger wave. I just smile and reply in kind. Of course, I'm no longer afraid of road rage or much else from stupid humans. I worry a little if I might have to shoot somebody. 99% are women on cell phones.

Shakey

Rye, I wazza wavin as I wint by,,reely I wuz.... :rolleyes:

Don't sweat the small stuff,,,,,everything is small stuff. Will it matter 100 yrs from now???

I did tap my brakes one time an slow down on sum guy, not a smart thing...

I get over when I can, if I can, if traffic is lined up in front of me, I usually stay put.

People on 75 in FL are nuts!! I don't think you can drive fast enuff not to get passed...

What irrates me is when I have to pass someone and they look over and see a camper passing them and they speed up just enuff to keep you hanging out there.

dont sweat the small stuff....EVERYTHING IS SMALL STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheyenne, who has learned that the last 4 yrs, Culpepper ;)

[quote name='Cheyenne Culpepper, 32827 TG' timestamp='1302474060' post='2159648'

People on 75 in FL are nuts!! I don't think you can drive fast enuff not to get passed...

Yes you can :ph34r:

C.S.

Yes you can :ph34r:

C.S.

Tolt ya thay wuz nutz!!! :lol:;)

cheyenne, who got rid of his Z3 cuz he was gitting that way, Coolpeppah :lol:

They just need to get over themselves, your driving sounds fine. I agree with BlastMaster, just breathe deep and let it pass.

George Carlin said it best.

He said..."There are only two types of drivers that really annoy me...The reckless b@$tards that are driving FASTER than me and the inconsiderate SOBs that are driving SLOWER than me!" :lol::lol:

Archived