SASS Wire Forum

1st Day of Spring....

The buttercups is up!! Temp s'posed ta' hit 81 today!

I'd be happy with 70 all summer. Last summer was especially brutal, lots of temps in the 90's. That's hotter than usual here in Atlanta.

Dats a little on da low side fer El Paso , TX :wub:

Stays bout 110 in da shade...

But in Hotlanta...well just can't stand all da wet air !

Dats a little on da low side fer El Paso , TX :wub:

Stays bout 110 in da shade...

But in Hotlanta...well just can't stand all da wet air !

Yeah Hawk, but look at the bright side. You folks in the frozen tundra get all them flies in the summer time.

Heat, humidity and flies. What more could a po boy wish for? Just be grateful you don't live next door to Backwater. Him and his 81 degrees, a pox on him.

Heat, humidity and flies? Try southwest Louisiana, where I grew up. Heat, humidity, huge mosquitoes, cottonmouths, DDT foggers, wacky cajuns and hurricanes. What's not to like?

HAHAHA I didn't want to discourage the poor man, Whiskey.

I grew up in Southern Illinois, and I know all about hot weather, humidity, snakes and flies. Not so much about alligators. But we didn't have Avery Island to season our chili.

Yeah Hawk, but look at the bright side. You folks in the frozen tundra get all them flies in the summer time.

Heat, humidity and flies. What more could a po boy wish for? Just be grateful you don't live next door to Backwater. Him and his 81 degrees, a pox on him.

OOHHHHHH YEAH......

We've gotz skeeters.......

Ton and tons of skeeters !!! :angry:

Heat, humidity and flies? Try southwest Louisiana, where I grew up. Heat, humidity, huge mosquitoes, cottonmouths, DDT foggers, wacky cajuns and hurricanes. What's not to like?

Ohhhhhh.....Be still my fluterin' heart !!!! :wub:

(Keep beatin....just not fluterin')

HAHAHA I didn't want to discourage the poor man, Whiskey.

I grew up in Southern Illinois, and I know all about hot weather, humidity, snakes and flies. Not so much about alligators. But we didn't have Avery Island to season our chili.

Was posted at Ft. Bragg fer a few years , so I know what it's like....

Now dem gators.....mitey good eatin !!! :D

Despite the heat and humidity, it's beautiful in So Louisiana.

Yup , drove cross I-10 more den a few times , so yeah , it's purty !! B)

I wood just flat out die ifin' I cood go flishin' in dem back waters !!!!!!!! :lol:

I like the I-10 bridge in Lake Charles.

http://i1182.photobu...-1-1024x660.jpg

http://i1182.photobu...-2-1024x768.jpg

It's structurally deficient, and will get torn down soon.

Dats it....Dats da very bridge I was talkin bout !!! ;)

Wood see'em puttin' boats in and out of da water round der....

And da cops whar out in plain view !!! :lol:

The cops are a bit more relaxed down there.

I remember one night, I was driving from Lake Charles to Baton Rouge, on a 20 mile causeway through the Atchafalaya basin. The moon was just coming up over the highway, a large orange harvest moon. Against the backdrop of black water and moss covered cypress trees, it was a stunning sight. Another time, at night, I was on the banks of the Calcasieu river and saw a flock of white pelicans take flight from the river.

Local folklore has it that Jean Lafitte hid his treasure somewhere along Contraband bayou. Got thrown into that bayou a few times, and helped throw a few into that bayou. One guy had no sense of humor about it. Came up sputtering and cussing! We decided to play with him - "Is that a cottonmouth behind you?" Should have seen him swim!

I hope to get back there soon.

Archived