SASS Wire Forum

Help with leather issue

Alibi Cole, SASS #56001

Usually not a big problem but construction does play a pert in it. What type belt do you have, a Ranger style or tapered end style? Is the belt lined, have cartridge loops and/or is decorative in any way? Growing them is frequently a bit tougher!!

Buffalo Brady Leather. These folks advertise both shortening and lengthening belts as part of their normal custom work. I would give them a try. http://www.buffalobradyleather.com/home.shtml Smithy.

Usually not a big problem but construction does play a part in it. What type belt do you have, a Ranger style or tapered end style? Is the belt lined, have cartridge loops and/or is decorative in any way? Growing them is frequently a bit tougher!!

Yeah, a little more info would be helpful.

I lost 35lb when I retired and I was tearing up the billit on my gunbelt so I ordered a new rig from RedDog leather. He said he could refurbish my old rig and shorten it. Depending on what kind of belt they can shorten it several ways.

point of interest: The Ringo Rig worn in Tombstone had been shortened to fit the actor. then he folded the tip of the billit over so it didn't cover up the concho on the belt. check it out....

curley

Archived