SASS Wire Forum

TSA issues

So some co-workers and I are coming back to California from San Antonio on American Airlines. I used the self check in computers, Another guy went to the counter because he wanted to check a bag. Both our tickets were purchased at the same time, so we are listed on the same record locator. Anyway, we both go thru TSA security, we have our ID inspected and compared to our tickets, we go thru metal detectors and scanners and are sitting at the gate. My coworker leans over to me holding up his boarding pass and asks if I think it will be a problem if his tickets have my name and seat on them. WHAT? First, I give him a hard time for walking away from the ticket window without looking at the tickets, then I start to wonder exactly how good TSA is if they let someone thru without checking to make sure the name on the ticket and ID match. I tell him to go immediately to the nearest counter and get it fixed, because I plan on getting on the plane ahead of him and will swear I don't know him if they ask me why he has tickets with my name and seat on them. He says the lady at the counter fixing the problem told him it had already happened one other time that day, and they usually get a couple a day.

So much for security...

Gotta think twice these days with anything 'official'

...went to get my registration tags for the truck this year...supposed to show my proof of insurance...set everything on the counter...they never even looked at it...gave me my new tags....go figure.

GG ~ U*S*A flag!

Sort of the same thing. Just flew from San Diego to Honolulu on Hawaii Airlines. Guy comes on the plane and stops at the seats 2 rows ahead of us. People sitting in his seat. Asks to see their boarding passes, they are assigned to those seats. So he goes to get the flight attendant to fix the problem. Turns out, he is the problem. He did have that seat assigned but on a plane leaving from Los Angeles to Honolulu. He got through TSA screening and the gate screening. I felt really secure.

Good friends of my Mom and Dad who own a home health care business in the southwest and travel a lot for work and pleasure are actually going to buy a 6 passenger Bonanza as they are fed up with all the TSA BS regs etc.

So some co-workers and I are coming back to California from San Antonio on American Airlines. I used the self check in computers, Another guy went to the counter because he wanted to check a bag. Both our tickets were purchased at the same time, so we are listed on the same record locator. Anyway, we both go thru TSA security, we have our ID inspected and compared to our tickets, we go thru metal detectors and scanners and are sitting at the gate. My coworker leans over to me holding up his boarding pass and asks if I think it will be a problem if his tickets have my name and seat on them. WHAT? First, I give him a hard time for walking away from the ticket window without looking at the tickets, then I start to wonder exactly how good TSA is if they let someone thru without checking to make sure the name on the ticket and ID match. I tell him to go immediately to the nearest counter and get it fixed, because I plan on getting on the plane ahead of him and will swear I don't know him if they ask me why he has tickets with my name and seat on them. He says the lady at the counter fixing the problem told him it had already happened one other time that day, and they usually get a couple a day.

So much for security...

Yeah, but they will body search me and take my nail clippers and hair shampoo.. lol.. They need to stop laughing when they ask me to take off my boots and then my socks.... lol

Sort of like workin for the county,we had a safety meetings every Tuesday,had to sign and date a piece of paper,then go out to the same old brakeless,cracked windows,fuel leaking,oil covered junk,if ya went to the shop to fix it ya got chewed out for not getting out of the yard. :wacko::o

Sort of like workin for the county,we had a safety meetings every Tuesday,had to sign and date a piece of paper,then go out to the same old brakeless,cracked windows,fuel leaking,oil covered junk,if ya went to the shop to fix it ya got chewed out for not getting out of the yard. :wacko::o

Do you work for the government? lol

Archived