SASS Wire Forum

SASS, my extended family

Handlebar Bob #4650

Whenever I explain what CAS is to someone, I tell them about the shooting and the fun you can have, but mostly about all the great people I have met over 15 years of shooting. Matter of fact, I tell them I have an extended family all over the United States. I can call on them at any time for help. ....and that is so true, expecially today. My son, Doc Smiley, is driving to Ft. Bragg from central Texas to meet up with some of the guys he used to serve with. He called this afternoon and said he was broke down near Hammond, La. I knew that Cowtown Katy and Klondike lived not to far from Hammond. I contacted them, and without any hesitation, they said they were on their way to help Doc out. They were able to help him get another battery and Doc was back on the road. My thanks to Cowtown Katy and Klondike for their unselfish nature and for being a part of my extended family. Great pards to ride the trail with.

A fine pair they are for sure Bob. May Doc remain safe and back home soon.

bb

Klondike has never failed to help me out either - even when I needed the help because I screwed something up.

Hope the rest of his trip is uneventful.

I've often said that one of the things that makes this game special is the knowledge that I can be pretty much anywhere in this great country of ours, and if I have troubles, a cowboy pard (or pardette!) can be found close by to help out.

Though the acts themselves, jumping up to help a feller they don't know, sounds laudible, there ain't NOTHIN special about that kinda action within SASS. We're cowboys, and as the kids would say "that's how we roll" :)

If ya told me a cowboy blew off yer plea for help, THAT would be news. ;)

(not at all meanin to disrespect Klondike or Katy, we they are fine folks.)

Archived