SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOOTIST AWARD 1st ANNUAL 2010

Brother King, SASS #69031

Let me be one of the first to say from the committee that T-Bone was not a hard decision. This is a person who met me two years ago at GOA. Fixed my rifle, fed my partner and I and befriended me ever since. This guy and the gang gave me one of my first shootin lessons. The rest is history!

To a mighty fine pard and a man I respect and aspire to become.

Your Friend,

Vance Montana

CONGRATULATIONS TBone!!!!!

Here's a little nugget of info that most people don't know. From the very first time TBone entered a match as a Classic Cowboy through the present he

has never placed lower than 1ST place in the Classic Cowboy Category!!! I know because I've been there every step of the way. Not only is he THE

GREATEST CLASSIC COWBOY that ever lived, but in my opinion, easily one of the GREATIST COWBOY ACTION SHOOTERS OF ALL TIME!!!!!

Was that too over the top?!? :FlagAm: Ringo

:FlagAm: Who in the Sam Hell is T Bone Dooley?

Just Kidden! It has all been said by others, so, all I am gonna say is that I am right proud to call you friend Bone!!!!!!

Ringo, everything you do and say is over the top! Keep up the good work pard!

Congrats T-Bone.

Not only a GREAT Classic Cowboy.

But someone that gets great pleasure in seeing other Classic Cowboys do good.

Like Cowhand. The current World Champion CC.

Think Bone gets as much pleasure out someone like that winning. As he does himself. Maybe even more.

Man, I read all this and think of how many people in sass you guys could be talking about. Again Thanks a bunch I just don't have the words to discrible how I feel tonight. Thanks Again !!!!! T-Bone OH WAIT News break at 10 pm. I was getting onto Nuttin Graceful''''''''''s horse this afternoon when shazzzzam !!! She came unwound and started throughing sand and my ass way up in the air. I don't tink the space shuttle launches any faster than I did. Well Hell Yes it hurt when I hit the ground ,,,, why would you even ask???? While I was re------entering the earths atmospher I thought to myself. What in the World am I doing this for !!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!! When I hit the ground it suddenly hit me[[[[the ground]]] That I was gonna be all right... Now I just got out of the hot tub and cannot move anything on the right side of my body.... Hope it's better by morning I 'm going horse hack ridding......with some friends..... Good night and thanks again.... T-Bone

T-Bone, been there, done that, on a cold December morning here in Colorado, ground was frozen solid. Witnesses say I might have made the 8 second buzzer before I did a flip over the horses head. Nothing that pain killers and a week on crutches didn't cure though. Although some have said my head just ain't right after that. That was when I was young and crazy. I could barely walk into the ER, and then this pretty little intern is asking me if I need help getting my pants off. To examine my leg of course. I managed to make a feeble attempt at a joke through gritted teeth.

Hope ya mend quickly.

Grizz

All better this morning Dave spent the night in the Hot Tub and all is well now.. Just came in from feedeing the horses and ready to ride to town. They have a cute little filly down at the local dinner... Man can she make a.......... nevermind it's a long ride...

Congratulations T-Bone on becoming the 1st "Classic Cowboy Shootist". It took longer to form the "Shootist Award" Board of Directors than it took the Board to elect you as the 1st Shootist!

We need to give many thanks to Brother King for his role in conceiving the idea of a "Classic Cowboy Award" for outstanding shooters who shoot Classic Cowboy. We hope this award will encourage more shooters to join this elite group of Classic Cowboys.

The Magnificent 7 Board of Directors will be accepting nominations from SASS members for the next "Classic Cowboy Shootist 2011" through out the coming year. Just remember the key word for a nominatee is "Willin'".

Ghost

My first big match was SW Regionals when it was at Cleburne in 07. I had spoke to T-bone on the phone to ask a few questions and He was always willing to take the time to answer them. Back to SW Regionals 07. I was given the privilege to shoot on the same posse with T-bone at the match. I had shotgun problems from the start. T-bone handed me his personal shotgun, to use during the match. I couldn't believe the current world champion was allowing me to use his shotgun. I am still amazed at his enthusiasm and willingness to help anybody. I take it as an honor and a privilege to call him my friend. Thanks for everything T-bone. Your the best. Congratulations on your well deserved award.

Your Friend

Tonic

I cant add anything that has not already been said. T-Bone is a hard person not to like, I tried and I still like him :P

T-Bone you are the top hand, number one Classic Cowboy and #1 Outlaw in my book.

Keep it up, you set a fine example for the rest of us.

What I think of when someone says T-Bone

1. A smooth doubled hammer

2. The sound of a chuck wagon when he walks

3. An intense competitor

4. A good singer

5. Always has a smile on his face

6 An ambassador for our sport

CONGRATS T.... couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

KK

...OH!, and did I mention....he's really fast....

As elected Chairman of the Classic Cowboy Shootist Award committee, I am pleased to announce the election of T-Bone Dooley as the first recipient of the SHOOTIST AWARD for excellence in the tradition of shooting Classic Cowboy.

The committee is made up of the following seven appointed and elected members in no particular order:

Texas Ghost; Needmore Gunz; Cowhand; Dragon Hill Dave; Vance Montana; T-Bone Dooley and me, Brother King

With T-Bone in abstention for this vote, the Board of Directors has voted unanimously to select T-Bone Dooley as the 2010 recipient of the all- new Annual "SHOOTIST" award for excellence in the tradition, competition, camaraderie and fellowship of shooting Classic Cowboy.

The name "SHOOTIST" was selected based on 1) it's association with the most Classic Cowboy of all....John Wayne. From the movie, "The Shootist" his last and during which he was facing his own death by living a magnificent life and 2) it was the original SASS name for Classic Cowboy.

The SHOOTIST AWARD Committee of SEVEN members of the Board of Directors has adopted the following as our MISSION STATEMENT from Texas Ghost:I keep going back to what John Wayne (as John Bernard Books) said to Gillom Rogers (Ron Howard) when he was giving him a shooting lesson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gillom Rogers: Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.

John Bernard Books: First of all, friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

Classic Cowboys have to be "willing" to be a good examples of CAS, willing to help others enjoy the game, willing to dress and play the part, willing to share the knowledge they have gained, willing to set high standards of moral and ethics, and willing to encourage others to shoot Classic Cowboy.

This means that you can win the World Championship at EOT or come in last place in State, and still be eligible to be honored as a “Classic Cowboy Shootist”. Ya just have ta be Willin'.

In our view as a Board of Directors there is no one more "WILLIN'" than the 2010 SHOOTIST, T- Bone Dooley.

In part, the Board of 7 considered his domination of the category Classic Cowboy:

World Champion-Classic Cowboy.2004,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09

National Champion-Classic Cowboy 2005,'06,'07,'08,'09,'10

But then it was more than that, it was a WILLINGness to share what he knows with his friends, all SASS competitors and new shooters as well. In T-Bone's own words, "I'd rather help a friend be a champion than be a champion with no friends."

Consider that T-Bone's Dooley's home range on his ranch in English, TX, The Badlands Bar 3 had 17 of 24 Champions at the 2009 Winter Range National Championship. Further, the Badlands Bar 3 and T-Bone Dooley host the SASS Southwest Regional "Comin' At Cha". One of the most popular shoots in the US, Comin' At Cha is sold out months in advance. Has T-Bone's drive to be the best slowed? "NO"! Even now the Badland Bar 3 is building a new Mounted Shooting facility and Classic Cowboy T-Bone Dooley is training a new horse, too. T-Bone may also be found shooting the new "OUTLAW" category where and when it may be offered.

We, the Board of Directors of the Classic Cowboy Shootist Award Committee are sure that T-Bone Dooley has just begun to win and to contribute to the sport of cowboy action shooting and SASS Classic Cowboy category. We hope you will join us in congratulating the first SHOOTIST and the recipient of the 2010 SHOOTIST AWARD for excellence in the tradition of CLASSIC COWBOY........T-BONE DOOLEY!

The presentation of the 2010 SHOOTIST Award is currently planned for 2011 End of Trail, details to follow.

Nominations for the SHOOTIST AWARD for 2011 may be made to any of the Board Of Directors at any time through the next year.

For those who may not of have seen our post.

Ghost

Archived