SASS Wire Forum

Anyone going to the SHOT SHOW 2011

O.D. Refire, SASS#21066

I thought about it several years ago, did some searching and found out it is for dealers only, just can't walk in, unless you have a friend that has a FFL and going there, then you might be able to under his FFL by working for him, otherwise it is for dealers only which is a shame, can't remember where I found this info either

All for now JD Trampas

I attended last year and am planning on going in 2011. Wear comfortable shoes!! Check the web site and plan what you want to see. Speaking from last year if you start to "wander" you will loose a lot of time. About 25/30% of the show is related to police and security gear. I chose to skip right past these areas, if I did not my 2.5 days at the show would have not have allowed enough time. If you are driving to the show be sure to note where you park, don't ask why!!! One last thing to watch out for, folks somewhere borrowed or rented pull behind "carts" that looked like a milk crate with small wheels and a handle. These darn things are easy to trip over.

Enjoy yourself,

Lefty Bob

Having to have an FFL to attend is a myth...That is only ONE way can get in......It's called The Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade Show.........Outdoor trade could mean anything from hunting clothes, boots, apparell, camping gear, home furnishings etc......It's not just guns...

I've been many times..My family buisness sells outdoor clothing, hunting knives, etc etc..Many of the vendors that we do buisness with have booths there...We were clients way before they showed up at SHOT ...You need a buisness licences and possibly a tax id.......It's no different from any other trade show....We've always signed up online and recieve our badges in the mail....

Bring comfortable shoes, something to eat and drink (the food is pretty expensive), and a rolling cart to carry all the pamplets/flyers....You will be suprised at the amount of stuff you will come home with...

CW

Will be signing at the Outdoor Channel booth on Friday at noon...please don't leave me sitting there all alone!!!!

Wolf Bane

a.k.a. "Michael Bane"

SASS13557

If you need someone to hold the table down I'm available, if OUTD is footing the bill :D

We will heading out to the Show on Sunday. Hey Michael I will come by sit a spell......so you don't get lonesome.

Goatneck

I'll be there..Flying in to Vegas on Tuesday at 9AM, staying Tuesday and Wednesday at Treasure Island, flying back to Reno Thursday at Noon.

It's a great show, but it is total sensory overload. 2 full days there and I am well done!( I do have an SOT/FFL)

• 1 month later...

If you have an iPhone, they have an ap to help with planning your time there. You pick the exhibitors you want to visit and it'll map them out for you. I did a search for "Shot Show" in the ap store. Fast and free. You just need your confirmation number and zip code to access it.

I only get to attend one day so I needed all the help I could get. :blush:. Clem, hope to accidentally run onto ya! :FlagAm:

Archived