SASS Wire Forum

18 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

That’s a load of horse shit.

Oh?  They don't try convince you that they're better than their competitors?  Maybe exaggerating their strengths,  downplaying their weaknesses?   

4 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Oh?  They don't try convince you that they're better than their competitors?  Maybe exaggerating their strengths,  downplaying their weaknesses?   

I’m businessman as are many on here. You made the indiscriminate blanket statement. Not me.

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I was in business for many years myself, and played no cons.

To me a con man lies and cheats to fraudulently deceive others out of their money.

"of sorts"

Seems some people missed those qualifying words.   

I see infomercials as con jobs "of sorts."  Play up strengths, downplay,  or ignore, weaknesses.   Same for politicians. 

Just my view of it.

Not unlike how so many people here view all Californians.

ive revised my thinking of californians - seems there were more votes cast in my line of thinking there than any other state last time - they are just outnumbered and with the wagons circled still cant quite stand off the opposition , i think Fetterman and respect them more than in the past comments ive made - i retract , 

22 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

"of sorts"

Seems some people missed those qualifying words. 

You placed “all” in the very front of the sentence, and in front of “businessmen”, and “are” right after it to link a definitive connection with “businessmen” and “conmen”.  This choice of words is declaratory and accusatory. And very clear to understand. Tacking on “of sorts” at the end is such an ambiguous, ill-defined choice of words that add no clarity, understanding or context to the preceding words. Little to no subsequent remarks furthered any understanding of what “sorts” you were referring to.  But what the hell does it matter? What “sort” of conman is better than any other whether a thief, a liar, a cheat or a slander. A conman is a conman regardless of “sort”. So, I don’t really give a rip about the last two words you chose as qualifyiers.

Rather than humble yourself, you’d rather defend your position with an inference that others lack in reading comprehension. All we can do as readers is assume you understand the English language and sentence structure, and that that you related to us in words the clearest  expression of your opinions and beliefs, based upon your reasoning and writing abilities. We don’t, however, have to believe you know what you’re talking about, nor do we need to stand idly by without calling you out on your bs.

Archived