SASS Wire Forum

Any feedback on the new Heritage Badlands S x S

never heard of it before but looked it up because you mentioned it.   It's a good looking SxS.   Not the usual price point I associate with Heritage firearms for sure.  It'll be interesting to see if anybody has one.  I assume you're asking about its suitability as a SASS competition shotgun.

https://heritagemfg.com/shotguns/badlander-series/421-badlander-18-5inch-barrel-12ga-2rds

• Like 1

I handled one at a gun show recently, it was out of the box and stiff but that’s no surprise. It pointed and shouldered well, it was completely Matt finish so no glare to wood or metal, opened pretty wide and triggers were ok for a SASS shotgun, probably with a little work it would make a decent SASS gun but only time and shooting will tell if it will hold up and not shoot loose

• Like 1

According to Taurus's website they own and operate Heritage Manufacturing and their website states the following:

"All Heritage branded firearms are made and serviced in the US at our facilities in Bainbridge, Georgia."

I am for supporting American made.

Mickey Blackwater.

• Like 1

Hi Johnny.  I handled one at a shop yesterday.  The action looks to be exactly like the Navy Arms you did for me, except of course for the double triggers.  Barrel is stamped made by Hulu.  No raised rib on the barrel, and no choke tubes.  I like the looks and the beavertail forearm, but it somehow feels "cheaper" than the Navy Arms.

The shell extractor is also only the bottom half, not the hourglass shape.

Edited by Diamond Jake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

Hi Johnny.  I handled one at a shop yesterday.  The action looks to be exactly like the Navy Arms you did for me, except of course for the double triggers.  Barrel is stamped made by Hulu.  No raised rib on the barrel, and no choke tubes.  I like the looks and the beavertail forearm, but it somehow feels "cheaper" than the Navy Arms.

The shell extractor is also only the bottom half, not the hourglass shape.

Jake, could that have said "Huglu" they make some of CZ's doubles for them.

9 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Jake, could that have said "Huglu" they make some of CZ's doubles for them.

Yeah, typo on Huglu.

I'm not a gunsmith, and I never saw the inside of a CZ in person, but from some pictures I've seen I suspect that the internals are virtually the same for all the Huglu-made shotguns, but I could be wrong.  I know for a fact that the main springs from a CZ Sharptail will work in the Navy Arms Coach gun, because that's what I did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay then, be aware that Huglu has a proprietary cut for choke tubes, even on their CZ labeled guns.