SASS Wire Forum

357 RN mold

Scrappy

I cast a .356 100 grain 9mm bullet from a Lee mold. Powder coat it twice and size at .357. Very accurate out of my pistols. Cheap too. 

• Like 1

im not tryig to hyjack but the RNFP round nose flat point work better in the rifles and revolvers overall , just sayin , 

• Like 3

May not be a problem with your 38, but I got an old black power Colt SAA that had been converted to 38 special.  I shot some of the light cowboy bullets though it. Patterned like a shotgun.  Friend Bill Fuchs suggested I try heavier bullets.  Loaded up some 158 grain Kieth bullets and it grouped great. 

Please remember that for decades, S&W, Colt and Ruger all made their fixed sight .38 Special revolvers for 158 grain bullets at approximately 750 FPS.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:15 PM, Tuco Forsyth #72674 said:

sorry got this and cant figure how to go back or delete it

i was having occasional feed issues with my rifle and it was suggested to try round nose. since starting to look for them a gunsmith looked at it and found a broken spring, replaced it and all my issues are gone. 

• Thanks 1