SASS Wire Forum

Just wanted to thank everyone that had posted about Intersport Performance Scammers they almost got me. Somehow were able to get my Personal email 

and pretended to be JB Sledge and directed me to send Found to a false location. Thanks to a good Cowboy that remember a post about Intersport Performance. scam was foiled. The second good news was that I was able to connect with the Real Jb Sledge and complete the deal. Great Cowboy to work with. It's a Terrible thing what scammers will do.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rmurphy92 said:

Just wanted to thank everyone that had posted about Intersport Performance Scammers they almost got me. Somehow were able to get my Personal email 

and pretended to be JB Sledge and directed me to send Found to a false location. Thanks to a good Cowboy that remember a post about Intersport Performance. scam was foiled. The second good news was that I was able to connect with the Real Jb Sledge and complete the deal. Great Cowboy to work with. It's a Terrible thing what scammers will do.

How did they contact you?  Was it through e-mail or Private Message?   If it was e-mail, how did they get your address?  (Oh!  I see your e-mail address under "contact methods", you may want to change that).

Can you post the email address they sent from?  

I'm asking because I will be putting some items up for sale soon.

CK

Edited by Crusty Knees
  • Like 1

The communication email was intersportperformance02@gmail.com

The payment to PayPal friends was hb186711@gmailaa.com PayPal wanted to convert funds from US to Euros. That's what tipped me off and I stopped the transaction. He pretends to be the SASS seller. Contacted my email that I had on my profile which I now know is not a good idea and removed it.

• Like 1

They almost got me on the same sale that Murphy92 was involved in. They contacted me via email and told me that he was not going to take the SG and that I could have it.  I was ready to jump but then noticed that the emails were dated the next day! They appeared to be coming from a Western Europe time zone. They wanted me to do direct wire transfer from my bank account. I didn't want to do that and started questioning them via email. They even sent me an email that came from the Real JB Sledge's email address. I thought it was him! I offered to send them a Money order but they wouldn't give me a Name, address, or contact phone number. So.... I bailed out. I reported it to the Wire Monitors.

Snakebite

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Snakebite said:

They almost got me on the same sale that Murphy92 was involved in. They contacted me via email and told me that he was not going to take the SG and that I could have it.  I was ready to jump but then noticed that the emails were dated the next day! They appeared to be coming from a Western Europe time zone. They wanted me to do direct wire transfer from my bank account. I didn't want to do that and started questioning them via email. They even sent me an email that came from the Real JB Sledge's email address. I thought it was him! I offered to send them a Money order but they wouldn't give me a Name, address, or contact phone number. So.... I bailed out. I reported it to the Wire Monitors.

Snakebite

Did you have your email in your profile or in an old post?

yes I did. I have removed it from view this morning. Not only that, but before I realized it was a scam I gave him my Name, address and Phone number for shipping info. In my defense, I did do some research on the person that was selling the gun and it all came back good. That was one of the reasons I moved forward. Dang.... just dumb on my part. I'm too trusting.

Edited by Snakebite
  • Like 2

He hijacked a transaction with me and  another SASS wire seller. He Emailed me. I don-t have an Email listed on here so I don't know how he got it.

Next he wanted me to cancel everything and send him the money to an address he would mail me. I haven't received that yet.

• Sad 2