SASS Wire Forum

NEW 10 for Palerider!

Just picked her up and man is she beautiful! Gotta lop the barrel down to 22in(maybe,probably)....32inches  now....kinda heavy,lol...gonna be great with 10g palerider loads...

20240318_160522.jpg

20240318_160504.jpg

• Like 5

I've used shorter barrels, but is 22 a decent length? seems decently in the middle, 32in is too long, I don't hunt and I'm not a real collector so whacking down the barrel doesn't bother me.

10 gauge shotguns are fun!   120 grs of 1F, 1 1/2 ounces of shot :D and if the posse seems sleepy, pull both triggers!!

Edited by Chantry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gonna measure 26 and see how it looks

And thank you for the load, I'm gonna make a few to see how they feel..still waiting on my empty hulls

• Like 1

One of our Firelands Peacemakers used one.
Didn't hear it so much as felt it.
BOOOOOOOMMMMMMM ...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

One of our Firelands Peacemakers used one.
Didn't hear it so much as felt it.
BOOOOOOOMMMMMMM ...

The bark is much worse than the bite.  Between the weight of the gun, about 12 pounds and the slower recoil impulse of black powder, it more of a very firm shove.  

The concussion isn't like anything else I've encountered and the best place for the RO is directly behind the shooter. 

It's even more fun if you shoot the 10 from inside a building or enclosed space.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I found some from a guy I know at the gun show, he had a bag for me he is gonna send.....other than that, I tried everywhere including Canada,  who has them but can't ship to the US.....they are pretty hard to find now, none even on gunjoker...I am still looking though

18 hours ago, ORNERY OAF said:

Ok fellas 22inches was a good call, what says the rogues gallery???

The Spanish 10 gauges are way overbuilt.  Mine was cut to 20" when I got it.  When I got home I'm looking at the gun thinking the barrels were less than 18" and uh oh..  I think I measured it 2 or 3 times before I believed the tape measure over my eyes.    Even now every once in a while I forgot just how big the gun is compared to a 12 gauge.