SASS Wire Forum

Wonder how many will be late

Alpo

My water bill is supposed to arrive the first Monday of the month. I know this because I called them once before asking why I hadn't got a bill yet.

So I just called and I asked if maybe the water was free this month because I hadn't received a bill yet. And the lady said something - Mumble Mumble mumble and they just went out today - and then she told me how much it would be. And I asked her what the due date was.

The 18th.

So they are sending the bill out from the water department on the 15th, so I might receive it on the 18th, and it's due on the 18th.

I hope no water gets turned off because of this.

• Sad 4

When we leased our GMC, they let us pick the due date. When we get the bill, it's already overdue by 7-9 days. The lady explained that the bills all go out on the same date regardless of our choice! :huh: So we just started paying it before we even get the bill to be on the safe side. Ya make this stuff up!

BTW, they did remove the late charge after we called and claimed it wouldn't be reported to credit bureaus. I don't trust em!

Edited by Eyesa Horg
Added text
  • Like 1

I was having trouble like that, so I opted for Pre-authorization on my Mastercard; utility bills; water & sewer; Hydro; Gas; etc.

I still got notices I was late paying, but I had a LOT of fun with them on that. 

AND they learned what a GRUMP I can be and why it's not a good idea to P.O. a retired GRUMP with a computer, a Word Processing Program, a printer and lottsa paper and envelopes, who just keeps coming at 'em.

I think I may be flagged now.

• Like 2

Credit card.

Automatic payments set up with the company.

Payment date set up for 10 days before current due date. This is one week early plus an allowance for weekends and holidays.

For a very long time, the due date did not change.

Then got late notices.

Check bank statements. All payments made.

Credit card company statements also show all drafts made on time. Except they were suddenly not on time...

Over the previous four months, the due date moved earlier. First by just a few days, then a week, and suddenly over two weeks in a single leap. And another jump making the new due date a month earlier than the original date.

Getting support to understand... Took a while, and suddenly she "got it." Fixed it, reversed charges, and got the old due date back. The agreement is for 12 payments per year, not 13.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Alpo said:

My water bill is supposed to arrive the first Monday of the month. I know this because I called them once before asking why I hadn't got a bill yet.

So I just called and I asked if maybe the water was free this month because I hadn't received a bill yet. And the lady said something - Mumble Mumble mumble and they just went out today - and then she told me how much it would be. And I asked her what the due date was.

The 18th.

So they are sending the bill out from the water department on the 15th, so I might receive it on the 18th, and it's due on the 18th.

I hope no water gets turned off because of this.

hope they dont think they are entitled to late fees , ours come with that built in , pay by or after that this is due , but there is always plenty of time before that kicks in ,