SASS Wire Forum

Anyone here use the Clime NOAA radar app?

I really like the Clime weather app. It’s one of the best I have found. BUT it’s now under new ownership. A group or company called Bending Spoons now owns Clime. I read and reread their Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. It reads like double-speak. 
I am not happy about this turn of events. That app used to be NOAA Radar, then it became Clime. I’m not sure if NOAA actually owned it, but their radar views and predictive precipitation and storms was very good.

I am not sure how it will be now. 

Do any of you use Clime?

This is a link to the "interactive radar" from our local channel 3 tv station.  On my iPhone I can zoom in to street level or out to a national view (use two fingers or thumb and forefinger to pinch the view up or down).  You can also shift the view to other countries, although not all of them show radar. And if you click the button it reviews the weather movement for the last 6 hours.  It's great fun to play with!

https://www.ky3.com/weather/radar/

• Thanks 2

I found an app called “National Wx” that uses NOAA Radar, GOES satellites and NCEP base reflectivity radar (what ever that means). I am trying it out. It looks promising. 

• Like 1

i generally look at the sky out the window and open the door to decide what coat to wear , im sorta old fashioned that way , my wife is the one here that tells me whats predicted for the next day - most times its almost right , 

On 3/16/2024 at 1:01 AM, watab kid said:

i generally look at the sky out the window and open the door to decide what coat to wear , im sorta old fashioned that way , my wife is the one here that tells me whats predicted for the next day - most times its almost right , 

Gee, never thought of that. -_-

I plan my week around the weather. 
Rain - Go fishing

Sunny & warm - ride the motorcycle or drive the roadster. 
Snow - hand load ammo, work on guns. 
Sunny and hot - whatever I want. 
If the weather changes so do my plans.

I don’t limit myself day to day weather and I am not hindered by a job so I can change plans on a whim.