SASS Wire Forum

I wonder if he learned

Alpo

I took the dog out for a walk after supper, and we saw one of our neighbors walking down the road. He told me, "I just walked all the way from O'Reilly's". Auto parts store about a mile and a half away.

He said that when he got up there and went inside, he locked his keys in the truck. And he locked his phone in the truck so he couldn't call for his wife.

You know, I bet you that if he told the people at the counter, they would have let him use their phone to call home. Probably didn't occur to him.

My first automobile was a 64 Ford Fairlane. You could not lock your keys in the car, because the only way to lock the car was to use the key. My fifth automobile was a 69 Ford F100, and again you could only lock the door with the key. Now somewhere between number one and number five I locked my keys in the car once. Once.

And for the last 40 years, I treat my car door like my front door's deadbolt. I lock it with the key. It does not matter if you can just push the thing down and then slam the door. I don't do that. I use the key. If you use the key, it is impossible to lock your key in the car.

• Like 3

My car won’t let he lock my keys in the car! 2022 Buick Encore. It’ll beep and the drivers door will not lock. I have the fob and push start. 

When Ann and I got married, our first car was my car (1960 Chrysler DeSoto Fireflite) which was given to me by my parents.(It was purchased by them new in 1960 when the family was stationed in Alaska)
Our first car that we bought was a 1964 VW Bug. :wub:
One day as we were preparing to make a trip, we had it running with the heat going to keep it warm, went inside the apartment to get something and when we returned to the car,  found out was LOCKED! :blush:
At 45 mpg if we hadn't got someone to help us get into the car, it would have run for a week before running out of gas. :o

• Haha 4

I really don't understand how one can lock their keys in their vehicle. For ME, it's pure muscle memory that when I shut the ignition off the keys come out and in my hand, where they stay until I'm out of the vehicle when they are dropped into my pocket. 

When I go to fuel my vehicle, I have to consciously think to NOT remove them from the ignition just so I don't have to fool around with them when I'm done. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

When Ann and I got married, our first car was my car (1960 Chrysler DeSoto Fireflite) which was given to me by my parents.(It was purchased by them new in 1960 when the family was stationed in Alaska)
Our first car that we bought was a 1964 VW Bug. :wub:
One day as we were preparing to make a trip, we had it running with the heat going to keep it warm, went inside the apartment to get something and when we returned to the car,  found out was LOCKED! :blush:
At 45 mpg if we hadn't got someone to help us get into the car, it would have run for a week before running out of gas. :o

On 2000 Fords, if the engine is running and you lock the doors and expect to use your key fob to unlock the door, the key fob will NOT work on the locks, you'll need a key...which is in the damn ignition. Ask me how I know this. Oh, it only takes AAA ten seconds to slim jim the lock on the "secure" locked car.

Edited by Cypress Sun
  • Sad 1