SASS Wire Forum

Range Grade 1911

Straight from the CMP website.

Range Grade $1100. These are 1911 pistols for those that want a part of history and a shooter, not a collectable. These are 1911s that have been modified in some way, and may have some commercial parts. No two (2) pistols are alike, the modifications / parts could be any of the following: Night Sights, extended Beaver Tail, Rubber Grips, Barrels, Oversized Slide Release, Target Triggers, Adjustable Rear Sights, Tactical Match Hammer, Competition Grip Safety, Sight Rib, Slides, Checkered Front Strap, Ambidextrous Safety, Different Finishes. Some of the manufactures of these parts are: Bar-Sto, Wilson, Ed Brown, Pachmayer, Hogue, Caspian and Bomar.

SOURCE (contains photos and video examples)

that sounds like these have been in civilian hands to me - why are they being sold off by the CMP ? i thought there sourse was the federal government stores ?? 

11 minutes ago, watab kid said:

that sounds like these have been in civilian hands to me - why are they being sold off by the CMP ? i thought there sourse was the federal government stores ?? 

READ some of the posts in the linked discussion.

I carried my personal Colt Government Model while in the Corps and my S&W model 29 

.45 mag when deployed.

I could do that as an MOS 2572.

I never carried a rifle after ITR.

My smartass officer son told me

"Dad, you were in a different Marine Corps."

My point is neither I nor anyone else should carry anything but the very best!

20 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Where do you think the majority of those modified weapons ended up when the users were discharged from service?

Back in the armory 

Archived