SASS Wire Forum

Ban Traffic Stops

These people take the question, “How stupid can you get?” as a challenge!!

*from my recent post in the Massachusetts Gun Bills thread*

“STUPID IS PERMANENT!!  IT IS INCURABLE AND IT GOES ALL OF THE WAY TO THE BONE!!!”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And what really sucks is how many people keep reelecting these morons. It's downright scary.

Some of that goes a bit too far IMO, but there is the idea of an officer not being able to pull you over for tint or tags, but if speeding, tint and tags are separate ticket-able items.

Certain things where I live are not "primary" infractions, for instance a light out in daytime.

I got pulled over for speeding some time back (a "primary" infraction of a misdemeanor), Also got cited for the headlight out. Well, got warnings for both, politeness goes a long way.

Officer could not pull me over for the headlight alone as it is not a "primary" infraction. He did tell me the failed light was the reason he pulled me out of the line. Fair enough.

But also note driving here with no lights at all in the dark is a "primary" infraction.

Read the text in the link and not stopping for speeding is one of the things which requires more information. Are the limits hard limits or advisory limits? Are local roads marked at 35 or 40 advisory?  5 or 10 over might be OK if conditions permit. Many of my roads are like this. So pulling people over based on a number is not legit if conditions are OK.

But school zones are different. When the lights are flashing, that 20 is a hard limit; any excess speed is an automatic reckless driving charge.

If "5 or 10 over" is not an infraction, then the speed limit is not the speed limit

If enforcement is arbitrary, then the law is arbitrary. 

...but then again, every one already knows that

The real problem is that this is just more proof that "we the people" are no longer serious about being Americans.

Edited by Chuck Steak