SASS Wire Forum

Don't Touch!

FB_IMG_1706384683290.jpg.9394a00e3cd40b7e2d0e37d8567f8ad7.jpg

Summaryedit

Description
English: Danger Don't Touch

image: various pieces of ammunition (bombs and handgranates), above them an arrow pointing downwards, inscribed with the warning "Danger Don't Touch" text: DANGER DON'T TOUCH IF YOU FIND ONE OF THESE, TELL TEACHER OR A POLICEMAN. DO NOT TOUCH IT, EVEN WITH A STICK AND DO NOT THROW STONES

AT IT
Date between 1939 and 1945
Source

http://media.iwm.org.uk/iwm/mediaLib//279/media-279090/large.jpg

IWMLondonThumbnail.jpg This photograph Art.IWM PST 2904 comes from the collections of the Imperial War Museums. 80px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom_%283-5%29.svg.png
Author GAMES, ABRAM (artist), Johnson Riddle, Penge (printer), Her Majesty's Stationery Office (publisher/sponsor)
Permission
(Reusing this file)
This poster was scanned and released by the Imperial War Museum on the IWM Non Commercial Licence. The artwork was created by a commissioned military artist during their active service duties in the First World War. In the UK this these became controlled under the Crown Copyright provisions and so faithful reproductions may be reused under that licence, which is considered expired after 50 years.
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the heads up @Subdeacon Joe
While gardening and putting in plants around the house, I'll keep a watchful eye out for any of them. ^_^
Being I'm no longer in school, I'll find a policeman to tell. :)
AND. I'll be sure to post a picture here on the SALOON, asking for your assistance in properly identifying same. :P

Edited by Father Kit Cool Gun Garth
  • Haha 3

When I was a kid in SW Pennsylvania there were public service announcement ads about blasting caps. “Don’t touch these” and they would show pictures of them. 
There were also posters in various stores like this one:

image.jpeg.a2aa84b736ab13e15b6e575e9c5a882b.jpeg

The TV ads also told of places where these caps might be found; railroad tracks, mines, farms and factories. 

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

When I was a kid in SW Pennsylvania there were public service announcement ads about blasting caps. “Don’t touch these” and they would show pictures of them. 
There were also posters in various stores like this one:

image.jpeg.a2aa84b736ab13e15b6e575e9c5a882b.jpeg

The TV ads also told of places where these caps might be found; railroad tracks, mines, farms and factories. 

And we were always without any luck finding them!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

And we were always without any luck finding them!

Exactly! :lol:

I believe I mentioned this on here before but we used to sneak onto a coal mine south of my home town and go into the cap shed and steal blasting caps. The electric ones. We had converted a flashlight into a power supply to set the caps off. We also handled the caps with rubber gloves. Static electricity can set them off. 
We blew up a lot of stuff with those things. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ya just can't stop boys from playin with fire and explosives!!;) And we never lost an eye!:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Ya just can't stop boys from playin with fire and explosives!!;) And we never lost an eye!:P

Yep, but I did get quite a few cracks for playing with ‘em. :lol:

• Like 1