SASS Wire Forum

He's still got the moves!

I don't know why, but the title made me think of this. He still had the moves at age 71.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

I had to watch that Fred Astaire clip a second time. Someone said of him, "When Fred Astaire walks across a room, that's dancing!"

They also said when he danced with Ginger Rogers she did everything he did only backward and in high heels!:lol:

• Like 2

I've heard that before. But you watch some of them old Fred and Ginger movies.

What's impressive is not that she's dancing backwards in high heels. Is that she's wearing those gowns that go all the way down to the floor, and she's doing all those intricate steps in high heels, and is not stepping on the dress.

Actually, I'm surprised that in this scene neither one of them caught a heel in their pants cuffs and broke their leg.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Film can be edited.

Yep, it's pretty clear in the second half that Ginger Rogers is dancing with a broken leg, you just have to have a good eye! :P:P:lol:

• Haha 1

I like the movie where he's on a ship and the female is the dance instructor.  He takes lessons from her so he can try to get to know her. He fumbles along so the lessons will continue. Finally she's at risk of losing her job. He dances with her in front of the boss to show how great of a job she's doing. Bam, all of a sudden he's dancing in full Fred Astaire mode. I like the way they finish and walk off at the end.

Used to be this Disney TV show. The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Single mother of two kids was a lounge singer in a hotel, and part of her pay was she had a suite to live in.

In one episode the two kids have conned the hotel manager into taking them to a baseball game, and they're sitting right up next to the fence, and he's all excited because he's never been to a baseball game before. They're shocked that he's never been to a ball game. Even more shocked when he explains he never has played baseball. They want to know what he did when he was a kid. He says ballet.

There's four or five big rough tough looking construction worker types sitting around them and they start snickering when he says he did ballet.

And one of the kids expresses shock at that. "Why??"

He says standing out there on the stage, and then pretty girls would come leap into his arms, and he got to carry them around the stage and hold them by their legs. Said he really enjoyed that.

The construction workers quit snickering.:ph34r:

When I saw that it reminded me of an interview I saw with Gene Kelly. The interviewer asked him why he took up dance.

"The chicks, man! It was the  chicks!!"