SASS Wire Forum

WTB 44/40 cylinder

Don't waste your time there. I tried for almost 2 years to get a pair. When I did they didn't fit/work. They won't fit them. I gave up. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, River Jordan, SASS 18742 said:

could you get 2  .38's and have them bored out

That would probably be the fastest and maybe even cheapest way to go

• Like 1

J.C I was looking at buying some 44-40 cylinders a while back. Had no luck finding any used. I ran a cross a Co. named Borchardt Rifle Co. They show to make custom cyl in 44-40. They are not cheap $325/cyl. Never got around to buying any just bought a pair of 44-40 Vaqueros.

Rusty

Edited by Rusty Cuff

15 hours ago, Preacherman said:

Don't waste your time there. I tried for almost 2 years to get a pair. When I did they didn't fit/work. They won't fit them. I gave up. Just sayin'.

http://rugercyl.com/ruger-cylinders/ and Borchardt Rifle are the same concern, a very long story if you're interested

I got them at a gun show a few years back they were in  bad shape rusty and all  I cleaned them up , when i went to shoot them you couldn't eject the brass come to find out someone bored the cylinder straight thru . Lesson  be ware of gun shows 

The only thing rarer than a 44-40 vaquero is a pair of 44-40 cylinders to convert your 44 magnums to 44-40. Good luck. I spent several years trying to find a match for my 44-40 4.62 inch Vaquero. Finally just bought a 7.5 inch and swapped the barrel off a 4.62 44 magnum.

On 1/3/2024 at 3:53 PM, Preacherman said:

Similar story for me. Sent it back and forth a couple of times but couldn't get it to work.