SASS Wire Forum

Marlin CB 45 COLT VALUE

Jesse Evans

I have a Marlin CB94  in 45 colt. The barrel is 20" octagon and JM  stamped. I'm not sure when it was manufactured, but it shows like new and is slick. I've had several people ask me about buying the gun, but i'm mot sure what the value is. Any thoughts or current knowledge on a fare selling price?

I've seen those priced between $800 and $1200, depending upon various condition, mods, etc.....

Does it have a 1 piece firing pin, stainless follower, etc...... 

Does it have any after market spring replacements.

Has a reputable smith tuned it and is it still in good 'time'.   

And, sometimes the condition of the wood means more to some buyers than others.

The 'JM' brand is also a plus.

Good luck.

..........Widder

If it were mine to sell:  fair would be $1500-2000.

If I were the buyer:  fair would be $500-800, box, original papers, etc all add value.  some value unaltered more than others.  What Phantom said.

If you look at GB you'll see a decent representation of value when sold through GB.

But...keep in mind...

Then you have Auction fees / shipping / packaging...and then some receiving FFL's will not accept firearm shipments from a non-licensee. These are hard costs. Then you have to know how to best market your rifle on these auction sites in order to give yourself the best chance at receiving the high end of the market value.

Phantom

This is a desirable length of the Marlin and the octagon barrel with the JM stamp makes it even more desirable.  However, since SASS has eliminated the need for 45 Colt rifles in Wild bunch, the demand for this configuration has diminished.   I'd guess the value to be between $800 and $1,000, depending on condition and if any action work has been done and by whom.  Wild Bunch isn't the only reason to buy a rifle like yours but it was part of the market driven demand.  

15 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Wild Bunch isn't the only reason to buy a rifle like yours but it was part of the market driven demand.  

Soooo... Like WB added like...what...20 people to the market??

:lol:

Phantom

44 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

WB was the only reason I bought one.  

I...don't know what to say...

But, I do remember in one of my undergraduate classes that it can be a fatal flaw to think that the Market is just like you.

Phantom

Archived