SASS Wire Forum

1858 NMA Conversions?

Dantankerous

Do either or has either Pietta or Uberti made 45 Colt 5.5" 1858 NMA cartridge conversions in stainless?

I see 45 Colt stainless cap gun 1858 5.5s available, but nowhere have I found the factory stainless "sheriff" conversions.

Thanks.

Just answered a similar topic elsewhere. No stainless conversions (of any model) from Uberti. You'd have to put a conversion cylinder in a stainless cap gun. Remmies don't fit my hand but if they did I'd go nickle. This'n is a 44wcf.

58_Rem_Conversion.jpg

Nice! The Kirst Conversion on his webpage does intrigue me for the BP version... Course, I'd need the ejector rod assembly as well.

Could be a fun project.

43 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Nice! The Kirst Conversion on his webpage does intrigue me for the BP version... Course, I'd need the ejector rod assembly as well.

Could be a fun project.

I’m doing a pair of 1858 Pietta SS sheriffs with the Kirst gated conversion cylinders and ejector rods. I’ll post pictures when finished.

59 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

Conversions, but nothing in stainless or nickle. 

Here's the Kirst conversion I did, the shorter one is a Howell conversion. They have been fun projects. the shorter one is 4-3/8ths " . Its just long enough to put a kirst conversion in and use a ejector rod.

1858s (Small).jpg

Archived