SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 1894 left ejector

Coyote Kid, SASS#54714

I had a failure to eject the empty at match today and ate a minor safety oh well. 

It happened again on the last stage, but TO saw the shell start out and bounce back in.

Got home and tore the rifle apart to clean it and found my one piece left ejector was broke in two pieces.

I tried to find one on-line and everyone was sold out.

Anyone have a source or an idea where I can buy one??????

Thanks, Coyote Kid

Sorry I don't remember where, but recently saw a one piece machined ejector, looked like a normal Marlin part. I'll come back if I can find it again. 

Well that turned out to be easy!

https://www.wildwestguns.com/product/bear-proof-ejector/

Just noticed that it's for Remlins.:( Maybe it can be fitted to a JM.?!?

2 hours ago, Coyote Kid, SASS#54714 said:

Got home and tore the rifle apart to clean it and found my one piece left ejector was broke in two pieces.

I tried to find one on-line and everyone was sold out.

Anyone have a source or an idea where I can buy one??????

Thanks, Coyote Kid

The Ejector that Warden posted on Ebay is a two piece and will work real good in your Marlin.

You quoted 'one piece' which are some of the very OLD Ejectors.  Assuming your 1894 has the

Ejector plug 'hole' on the left side of the receiver, the 2 piece will work great.

If not, let us know.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Sorry I don't remember where, but recently saw a one piece machined ejector, looked like a normal Marlin part. I'll come back if I can find it again. 

Well that turned out to be easy!

https://www.wildwestguns.com/product/bear-proof-ejector/

Just noticed that it's for Remlins.:( Maybe it can be fitted to a JM.?!?

Those Bear Proof ejectors have a reputation of being very stiff, which makes the bolt harder to slide

across it.  But on the good side, if his receiver has the Ejector plug hole, it will work.

Coyote Kid:  if by chance your Ejector was a 2-piece (ejector body with spring squeezed in a slot), its possible

just to order yourself the 'Ejector SPRING'.   Of course, its only a small piece of steel, probably with a slight bend

in it.   You'll have to tap the 'bend end' into the slot at the bottom of the ejector body.

..........Widder

Thanks Widder. I may have mislead y'all. The ejector is 2 piece, but the spring part became separated from the plug hole part and the tip broke off.

If I could find the spring part and replace it I would try that first.

The metal part was polished up nicely when Slick did his MAGIC on the rifle.

Where could I find the spring part?Thanks, Coyote Kid

Coyote Kid,

Places to check for these type parts are..... in no specific order:

Numrich Arms

Jack First

Brownells

Midway

Its slightly possible that if you call Marlin and explain your dilemma, they might send you a spring.

Hope this helps.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

There is one on ebay but cost as much as a complete part.

Howdy Warden.    You put a good video above.

Years back, I ordered a complete unit (Ejector and spring) for about $8 from Brownells.

Right before Marlin sold out to Remington, I order a couple and they charged me $8 for

the Ejector body and $8 more for the spring.   I don't know why they got so greedy.

..........Widder

When youngest son was down, I took him up and showed him my Marlin parts box - a plastic assortment tray.   Told him there is a $1,000 dollar in parts in this box.  Pulled out another with Colt and Uberti handgun parts.  Someday he'll probably have to settle our estate. :unsure:

Widder, you said the spring would need to be tapped in with a hammer, but when I put the old in it just falls out.

Too loose?

The complete assembly on shop ruger is 4$14.95. EBAY for the spring is way high.

47 minutes ago, Coyote Kid, SASS#54714 said:

Widder, you said the spring would need to be tapped in with a hammer, but when I put the old in it just falls out.

Too loose?

The complete assembly on shop ruger is 4$14.95. EBAY for the spring is way high.

Order the one on the Ruger/Marlin site;)

The spring USUALLY has a small 'hump' on them that make them VERY tight.

You shouldn't be able to push it in with finger pressure but rather have to use a small brass hammer

to 'tap' it in.

I have seen a couple without the hump and those wriggle around too much.

Call me if ya want..... 865 /696-1996

You would be wise to buy the complete unit for the $14 bucks.    Heck, Lumpy got enough money

to buy that for ya........ :D

..........Widder

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Get 3, and send one to pour old Widder:lol:

I don't use the Ejector.   My Ejection system is built into the bottom of the bolt

and when the bolt comes back, it compresses air into an internal gas tube system.

At the rearward most movement of the bolt, the compressed air releases at a

valve located on the left front section of the bolt and 'blows' the empty case out

of the action.   Its basically a 'fail-safe' system.

Now, you have to guess if I really modified my ejection system to work in this manner,

OR..... did I not.  :D

..........Widder

33 minutes ago, Coyote Kid, SASS#54714 said:

Would that modification put you in the steampunk category?

I did order the part from Ruger shop. We'll see how it works.

Coyote Kid

'punked out Marlin'........ that's funny.

I could put a 'Riot' gauge on it.

Maybe add a 'Callawaymatter'.

And for sure, a 'Lumpyometer'.

And how about a 'Coyotestunner' on my sights.

And lets not forget the 'Horgeye feeding system'.

Should work out great.

..........Widder

I'm curious as to the "left ejector" description?   My Marlin doesn't have a right one, although the one on the left is correct, is mine somehow defective?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Griff said:

I'm curious as to the "left ejector" description?   My Marlin doesn't have a right one, although the one on the left is correct, is mine somehow defective?  :rolleyes:

The right ejector would be found in the elusive left side eject 1894.

Surely you realize that clip was reversed...;)  Big clue, I've never seen a Dillon with the primer catcher on the left side.  Even if there was a left-handed Marlin 1894, it would only have one ejector... so no reason to refer to it by location.  But... you do you.  I'll still point out the absurdity of referring to the 45 Colt by inserting the unnecessary and yes, absurd adjective "long" in its nomenclature.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived