SASS Wire Forum

WTB 1885 Browning High Wall, BPCR

Ericram

Wanting to get into long range shooting, in 45-70.  A Browning BPCR would be ideal, came with factory venier tang and globe sight.  But I would consider any with a decent set of sight. 

New to this sort of shooting, any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Brick Slinger 

You can’t go wrong with a Browning HiWall! Excellent choice. 

Ericram, I have a Browning, BPCR, beautiful rifle, and great design on the high wall. Mine, with the original  box, and shipping carton. And the Veneer sight, eyecups, and globe front sight in their original box as well. Mounted on the scope is a Parsons, 24” vintage 4 power optic. This setup shoots moa at 100 yards. I’d take 2000.00 for the rifle, we will have to work out shipping costs, cuz it’s a heavy bastard! Ha. Send me a private message, and we can exchange phone numbers and pics, if you’d be interested. (.45-70)

• 4 weeks later...

I also have one in almost un-fired condition if this deal doesn't work out, or someone else needs one for Christmas. Not claim jumping just asking.

Abilene Al

I have one not for sale.

I have one converted to .38-55 which shoots way softer than my Sharps .45-70 which is heavier.  I you can find a .38-55, which is good to 500 yards, it will save your shoulder as you age.  All the matches I have been to no one had a 500 yard range.

8 hours ago, Pee Wee #15785 said:

I have one not for sale.

I have one converted to .38-55 which shoots way softer than my Sharps .45-70 which is heavier.  I you can find a .38-55, which is good to 500 yards, it will save your shoulder as you age.  All the matches I have been to no one had a 500 yard range.

Come to the Virginia State Match, Gunfight at the Double-C on Labor Day weekend, We Do.

A gunshop here in Arizona had an original in .32-40 if I recall correctly. I think they were wanting a hair over $3000. If you are interested I can send you the shop information. I took photos of it for an upcoming article.

Archived