SASS Wire Forum

Cowboys and Indians, Jim Bowie? Are they still in business?

oak creek martin

Has anyone heard anything about Cowboys and Indians. Their website is still operable. But it seems that the parts supply is slowly dwindling away. I have heard that Jim’s health was causing him to take a break from travels. I had heard that someone had purchased the business. Not wanting to bother him if there are any health issues. Just thought I would ask on the wire to see if someone else had information. I hope that Jim is doing well, and I love my short stroke kits from him, hoping to buy more. 

I saw Jim and his wife at the SASS Western Regional in August. He repaired a couple of Winchester 1897’s for me and we visited a little. I believe he told me that he’s 86 years old, or there abouts and still a one man and one woman operation. I believe  he’s been working with a couple of cowboys teaching them the trade. Not sure how to answer the parts question, but he did seem to have a lot of work and was getting things fixed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I just spoke to him last week, and sent a shooter who needed a good rifle to him.  He's still in the game! 

Cheers,

FJT

Edited by Frederick Jackson Turner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

That's a recent development.  Perhaps they simply shut the site down because there wasn't enough business to be done through it anyway or they got tired of dealing with it.  Jim has a pair of my revolvers so I guess I'll give him a call this week.  Hopefully health is not an issue with either of them.

36 minutes ago, Shawnee Hills said:

That's a recent development.  Perhaps they simply shut the site down because there wasn't enough business to be done through it anyway or they got tired of dealing with it.  Jim has a pair of my revolvers so I guess I'll give him a call this week.  Hopefully health is not an issue with either of them.

I was looking at the site a couple of weeks ago, but very little inventory. I have two of his kits and was considering a third, but then I saw this two days ago. :(

I talked to Jim and there both doing well. However there having difficulty finding someone to fix the website. 

He said it was OK to post his phone number in case anyone needed assistance. 

714-210-2720

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5